Got oil change yesterday, after that it tells me drivers door open, interior lights work, windows do not let down from drivers control, but will on other doors from their switch, and horn doesn’t blow when locking doors with remote.

If im not mistaken the drivers window switch is like a small module and has a logic internal to it that also controls the door ajar message to the cluster. This thing may just need the window switch. Only saying because I ran into this before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, I verified with a schematic, the drivers door ajar message is controlled through the window motor, the motor has an internal logic that control this message from the BCM to the IPC. Get the motor changed, it should fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c0d1d7960558bc078c2975b963ba7a19.jpg

• 3 months later...

Just had this happen to my 2014 silverado (102,000 miles) but on the rear drivers side door (crew cab).  had to flip my dome light switch to off as it stayed on ciontunously.  dismiss the warning on the dash every time i start the truck, the horn does not sound when remote locking nor do the headlights flash.  Upon dealer diagnostics they found the wiring harness to be damaged inside the sheath with four broken wires after taking the door panel off.  (door ajar warning, lights and horn not working on remote lock, and also that the power window would not roll down)

$148 for the diagnostics and going to be another $250ish for the repair when they can get the wiring harness.  GM is currently out of stock.  Hmmmm?  sounds like i may not be the only one.

The door switch itself is fine.

Hope this helps others with the grief I experienced.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

On 2018-06-28 at 6:39 PM, singleup said:

Just had this happen to my 2014 silverado (102,000 miles) but on the rear drivers side door (crew cab).  had to flip my dome light switch to off as it stayed on ciontunously.  dismiss the warning on the dash every time i start the truck, the horn does not sound when remote locking nor do the headlights flash.  Upon dealer diagnostics they found the wiring harness to be damaged inside the sheath with four broken wires after taking the door panel off.  (door ajar warning, lights and horn not working on remote lock, and also that the power window would not roll down)

$148 for the diagnostics and going to be another $250ish for the repair when they can get the wiring harness.  GM is currently out of stock.  Hmmmm?  sounds like i may not be the only one.

The door switch itself is fine.

Hope this helps others with the grief I experienced.

Hi singleup, I have a 2014 1500 High Country with 168,000 kms on it, giving me the exact same problem. Are you referring to the wiring harness located in the accordion style boot between the door and the frame of the cab? 

Or is this only accessible by taking the door panel off? 

Really would rather not go to the dealership on this any info would be a great help.

Thanks

That’s where the wires were either broken or the sheathing was exposed.  After looking at the old harness, I think that the wires could have been soldered or taped up if still in tact.  Not sure how they get or got pinched through that boot but that was definitely the problem area.  It’s a big harness so if you can get at it through that area, you might have a shot at it.  Researched for a long time with no answer and hope this helps.  Good luck.

I had an older car about 30 years ago.  Was having problems with windows and other things.  Turned out the wires in the drivers door were all in a state of disrepair.  Some were broken, some had a few strands broken, some just had the insulation cracked.  Redid all wires and problems were gone. 

Jim

CYWG

• 3 weeks later...

Did this get resolved? My 2015 is having the same issue. Checked the harness and power seems to be getting to both the switch and the window motor.

Also I swapped the switches out for the ones from a buddies truck. No change.

Help please.

Edited by kmyndiuk

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-03-10 at 8:26 AM, 205harleyman said:

Got oil change yesterday, after that it tells me drivers door open, interior lights work, windows do not let down from drivers control, but will on other doors from their switch, and horn doesn’t blow when locking doors with remote.

Hi, I am having the same issue in 2015 1500, did this issue with your door get fixed? What was the cause? Thank you

On 2018-08-13 at 3:52 PM, kmyndiuk said:

Did this get resolved? My 2015 is having the same issue. Checked the harness and power seems to be getting to both the switch and the window motor.

Also I swapped the switches out for the ones from a buddies truck. No change.

Help please.

Did you end up fixing or finding out the cause for this problem? Thank you 

15 minutes ago, Chevy9 said:

Did you end up fixing or finding out the cause for this problem? Thank you 

Have a new power window motor on its way. Hopefully get it replaced on Saturday, will update then.

Edited by kmyndiuk
spelling