In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Tmac Z71

Chevy equivalent to Laura GMC?

Just wondering if there was a chevy dealer somewhere in the U.S. that has the same price reputation that Laura GMC has.   I know they are basically the same vehicles but my family has been driving chevy trucks since my pap  got back from the war in the mid 40's,  so I would like to stay with chevy. Thanks for any input

I found one in MO that had similar pricing and I don't think they were that far apart. Of course I can't find it now but there is one out there.  

I see your in NC in this thread

there is a Chevy dealer in Florida that looks like their close on price if you qualify for all the discounts. I can’t really believe they still have 17s on the lot like posted in here? I’d want in writing a  out the door price before I drove there.

Started a thread on a couple forums looking for “the cheapest dealer in the country for X brand”

all I got was laura gmc

and kerbeck in atlantic city for corvettes

wish I knew more

Two people in another thread mention bomnin Chevy in Miami as a similar place, but with less inventory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

does it matter?  just find a gmc at laura optioned like the chevy you want.  then take that laura ad with you to local chevy dealers.  you will get a comparable deal.

does it matter?  just find a gmc at laura optioned like the chevy you want.  then take that laura ad with you to local chevy dealers.  you will get a comparable deal.

They can’t go as low. From my understanding Laura might lose money on certain trucks but makes up for it with volume bonuses from GM. Dealers moving less inventory don’t have those bonuses and cannot match the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, i82much said:

i mean look at this:

http://www.bomninchevrolet.com/VehicleDetails/new-2018-Chevrolet-Silverado_2500HD-Crew_Cab_Standard_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_Work_Truck-Miami-FL/3160222833

I know a base model HD gasser isn't everyone's cup of tea, but that is a ridiculously capable truck for 33 grand.  You can spend that much on a freaking honda sedan these days.

Or a 3500 hd dually  under 39000, also seen the 2500hd high country turbo diesel  55000 

http://www.bomninchevrolet.com/VehicleDetails/new-2018-Chevrolet-Silverado_3500HD-Double_Cab_Long_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_LT-Miami-FL/3125977853

Edited by Artie61

I was in the same boat as you...I wanted a Chevy, but couldnt find an equivalent dealer in Chevy to Laura that had what I wanted, so I couldnt pass up the price on a GMC from Lauras .... I figured, they roll off the same assembly line, so whats the difference they are exactly the same truck...may as well save some money

Edited by ajensen383

Hello all, been reading forum post for about six months. I live in Ohio made the trip to Laura’s yesterday and drove my new truck home. Any way the rumor there is Laura’s bought a Chevrolet dealership. The customer told me they  announced it to the employees this past week and should be official this week. Location is 1 and half west of we’re they are now. Take it for what it’s worth.

P.S. Really enjoy this site.

Hello all, been reading forum post for about six months. I live in Ohio made the trip to Laura’s yesterday and drove my new truck home.
P.S. Really enjoy this site.

Photos please!

Sent from device. Excuse errors.

Only issue I see with Bonmin Chevy in Miami is that a very large percentage of their trucks are 2wd.  Totally understandable for South Florida, but if you are a 4x4 guy like me it might be a problem.  However, the prices look great.  A road trip might be in order for my next truck if there's enough $$$ involved.