How bright are the winjet headlights for 2014 silverado

• 1 month later...

I have had mine over a year and so far so good. I can't say how bright they are with halogen cause I did HID, but if anyone cares. This is with a Morimoto bulb and 35 watt Diode Dynamics ballast. I have no issue with the performance and can see a good distance. I recently acquired a set of Morimoto 50 watt ballasts and am gonna give them a try. I had them for a different housing that isn't working as planned so why not. 

IMG_20170125_203832506.jpg

IMG_20170125_203810461 (4).jpg

IMG_20170125_203058589.jpg

IMG_20170521_193649 (3).jpg

Edited by Rambodog
Photo Edit
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Rambodog said:

I have had mine over a year and so far so good. I can't say how bright they are with halogen cause I did HID, but if anyone cares. This is with a Morimoto bulb and 35 watt Diode Dynamics ballast. I have no issue with the performance and can see a good distance. I recently acquired a set of Morimoto 50 watt ballasts and am gonna give them a try. I had them for a different housing that isn't working as planned so why not. 

IMG_20170125_203832506.jpg

IMG_20170125_203810461 (4).jpg

IMG_20170125_203058589.jpg

IMG_20170521_193649 (3).jpg

Look's Good - ANY problem putting the dusk cover back on ???

• 3 weeks later...

I have been away for a minute, I am using an HID kit. It uses a bulb that fits much like the factory halogen bulb does, only it is powered by a ballast mounted near the headlight. A 7/8" hole is drilled into dust cap. A grommet/seal fits into the hole snug, but allows wires from ballast to pass thru dust cap to bulb. It is as sealed as factory. Many directions state 1" hole , but at 7/8" the seals still fit, but they are snug. At 1" they can be moved slightly meaning a not so tight seal.

I want to add something. The housings I have came with the harness connector kind of loose. The metal clip that holds connector to housing can allow connector to come detached. Now you would look at this situation and think, who cares it isn't going anywhere and your right it isn't and is perfectly fine until water comes into the equation. With the connector loose and more vertical than horizontal like the clip holds it, the connector can fill with water. Even worse are the northern guys that get salty water road spray. It will rust the connectors quick. Put some adhesive on the clip to be sure it stays put on the housing like the stock one does. Finding the truck end of the headlight harness to replace is freaking impossible. I had to clean my connector down to clean metal again with a tiny pic tool and a tiny file. I have to see if maybe a junk yard is an option. I would even solder one in if I could just get a replacement end of the harness. I am not sure what all the rest of that headlight harness feeds. Mine works fine so far all cleaned up, but I would still like clean and new again.

Edited by Rambodog
Add a comment