potential buyer 2018 5.3L 6 speed reliability?

On 3/27/2018 at 5:50 PM, qrexler said:

Yeah it's seamless, but I've read horror stories about it. Backed out of a z71 deal and got the custom trim because the dealer told me the custom didn't have it. 

The dealer told you what you wanted to hear. Typical salesman, tell you anything to make the deal. 

So my 2014 6 speed trans just took a shit with 58k on the odometer.  However I have a 7.5” lift with 35s as well.  Dealer tried to deny warranty however I said well if that’s the case just reimburse me for the lift kit you had installed when I bought the truck new...  I got a new transmission the following week for free after that.  I am now however getting my truck regeared period to 4.11s...  I didn’t think 2208 out the door with 4wp was to bad for that compared to what a new transmission would cost in another 50k

• 1 year later...
On 3/12/2018 at 9:54 PM, Grumpy Bear said:

Agree. 9 out of 10 the driver is the problem. But there is one in ten that isn't. Oh well. 

I'm also a big fan of manual transmissions. That said, I've had some really good slush boxes. My biggest complain about automatics was there inability to lock up in high gear. That's been solved for quite some time now. A well tuned automatic is a dream. IMO

Exactly how does driver behaviour affect the operation of the transmission?  what are drivers doing to negatively impact their trucks?

Edited by CSI-WALLEYE
bad grammar

Exactly how does driver behaviour affect the operation of the transmission?  what are drivers doing to negatively impact their trucks?

Talking about with how the driver is using the accelerator ?

Sent from above

Just now, TXGREEK said:

Talking about with how the driver is using the accelerator ?

Sent from above

That is what I am asking.  There are two members indicating that the transmission issues are due at least in part to driving habits.  I want to know what specific habits can cause the hard shifting.  I am not doubting that this may be the case.  I just want to know what to avoid.  I am not having problems and I don't want any.

• Like 1

That is what I am asking.  There are two members indicating that the transmission issues are due at least in part to driving habits.  I want to know what specific habits can cause the hard shifting.  I am not doubting that this may be the case.  I just want to know what to avoid.  I am not having problems and I don't want any.

Yes, me too

Sent from above