My new 2018 GMC Sierra SLT premium plus Max tow crew cab standard bed

18 minutes ago, '01LS1 said:

Congrats on the truck! Guessing photo location was in Kansas on your way back out west?

Per the question above dealing with Laura. Great place. No, they do not hound you on the lot nor will they haggle over the posted price. Sales people there are completely different(read as better) than any place I have been in the past. 

Good guess on location. Seemed like every small and I mean small town had a Deere dealer

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, 2009GMC said:

Finally purchased a K2XX!

2018 GMC Sierra SLT premium plus

6.2L 8L90 max tow

crew cab standard bed 6.6’

Purchased at Laura GMC. Flew in and drove home. Great experience. No BS, no games, etc. 

I plan on putting bilstien on to raise front a bit to stuff a set of 285/70/17 big k02. Also need to order mud flaps and weather techs.  Need to decide on hunting g down a topper / shell or getting a roll up tonnu cover. 

Removing steps and premium plus wheels. 

Have 1600 miles on it. Super smooth. 

Disable the traction control and smoke em whenever :-)

42B8AA2A-DAD6-46F9-BA66-65C207F49D69.jpeg

Nice..I am putting the same tires and size  on mine with aftermarket wheels I had on my 2011...

I just put on a Rough Country solid tri-fold tonneau cover ....Pretty nice solid fold for the money, works well!

36 minutes ago, ajensen383 said:

Nice..I am putting the same tires and size  on mine with aftermarket wheels I had on my 2011...

I just put on a Rough Country solid tri-fold tonneau cover ....Pretty nice solid fold for the money, works well!

In the interest of saving some $$$ and not having to buy new wheels and tires...

I think I'll put these 2012 wheels on my 2018 and put the stock 97 wheels back on the 97. 

17" wheel is the smallest that will fit on a K2XX right?

IMG_4118.JPG

Edited by 2009GMC

11 hours ago, pgamboa said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great video, Phil.  I've been caught up in the floor liner search and discovered that the GM version advertises that they are for trucks with a center console.  I know they are fine for trucks without consoles but helps explain the higher side.  I prefer the Husky for the full floor coverage including under the gas while exposing carpet that sees no traffic in my truck.

2 hours ago, 2009GMC said:

In the interest of saving some $$$ and not having to buy new wheels and tires...

I think I'll put these 2012 wheels on my 2018 and put the stock 97 wheels back on the 97. 

IMG_4118.JPG

Yes, I wouldnt think anything smaller than that would clear the brakes.  It might not even clear a 17.  

Great looking truck! I've been debating going back to a 1500 to pull my TT and be a daily driver at some point. We tow 8-9 times a year, usually less than 100 miles away, relatively flat area. The TT is 36' hitch to bumper and around 9000 in tow trim. The stability will likely be much better with a 2500 or 250, but will the 1500 be fine for what we do? I have plenty of time, so it's no rush to decide.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2009GMC said:

IMG_4118.JPG

Yes, 17" wheels are the minimum diameter to clear the brakes...

Love that 97!

• Thanks 1

Just now, ajensen383 said:

Yes, 17" wheels are the minimum diameter to clear the brakes...

Love that 97!

Thanks! Been in the family since new. Still runs great ? 

I'll have to test mount the wheels before I go to the tire shop to have TMPS sensors put in.

I suppose I need to put the bilstein 5100's on for the 285.70.17 ( 32.7") BFG Ko2 to fit. Hopefully the offset of the 17's is correct or close since GMT 900 and K2XX frames, suspension is very similar.

26 minutes ago, ShotgunZ71 said:

Great looking truck! I've been debating going back to a 1500 to pull my TT and be a daily driver at some point. We tow 8-9 times a year, usually less than 100 miles away, relatively flat area. The TT is 36' hitch to bumper and around 9000 in tow trim. The stability will likely be much better with a 2500 or 250, but will the 1500 be fine for what we do? I have plenty of time, so it's no rush to decide.

A few people towing heavy with the max tow package commented in this thread:

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, 2009GMC said:

A few people towing heavy with the max tow package commented in this thread:

Seems like for what I do, a Max Tow may be the best bet. Definitely would go with the CC 6.5' setup, too!

• Like 1