Sign in to follow this  
allblack16

3" level kit and 20x12 with 33s on my 2016 Silverado

Installed a 3" Motofab level on my truck last weekend. Rear is stock. Added 20x12s with 33x12.5 tires. Minor plastic and metal trimming, no rub at all.

Smoked my tails and 3rd brake light. Will smoke my front turn signals and corner markers this weekend.

Will also vinyl wrap the chrome mustache on the bumper, unless someone wants to trade for all black.

Going to do a muffler delete (leaving resonators) and clamp the flapper valve open, will also add a Range AFM delete.

Has 30% tint now, will eventually do 15% this summer.

Will post more pics as I make progress.

IMG_0171.JPG

IMG_0173.JPG

IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

• Like 1

big improvement.. looks good man!

Can you give me a sense of what you had to trim?  I love these wheels and tires but have seen on another site someone had rubbing at 1full turn of the wheel.  He was running a leveling kit as well; not sure which but makes me worry.  I’d love to get these for myself but am worried about rubbing.  

Did you smoke the lights yourself, If so what did you use?

On 3/13/2018 at 7:21 PM, Jakenbake18 said:

Did you smoke the lights yourself, If so what did you use?

Yes, I also smoked my amber turns signals, corner markers, and running lights... used VHT nightshade. Left the matte finish on the fronts, wet sanded and waxed rear for a gloss finish.

Just need to paint the tailgate handle the and the rear is all set. Doesn't look like you went super dark on the taillights so it shouldn't be much harder for people behind you to see your lights.

Did you turn down your headlights so you aren't blinding on coming traffic? Saw on another thread a guy needed 4 turns to get them back to where they should have been from the factory on a 2 inch front level only (no rear lift). I can only imagine yours will need more than that.

Tyler

19 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

Just need to paint the tailgate handle the and the rear is all set. Doesn't look like you went super dark on the taillights so it shouldn't be much harder for people behind you to see your lights.

Did you turn down your headlights so you aren't blinding on coming traffic? Saw on another thread a guy needed 4 turns to get them back to where they should have been from the factory on a 2 inch front level only (no rear lift). I can only imagine yours will need more than that.

Tyler

Ya the taillights are the perfect smoke shade. Still red but look way better. No problems seeing them at night. I did have to adjust my headlights.. no idea how many turns.