2014-2018 Silverado/Sierra High Mileage

I'm curious to see high mileage trucks and how they're holding up. My main purpose for starting this forum is to get an idea of these trucks reliability. I have had no issues out of my Silverado so far.

2016 Silverado Lt z71 with 90,000 miles.

1.thumb.jpg.03f0f7d0fe02d0fd9630ee3092e53d5a.jpg

• Like 1

There a numerous threads on the exact same topic. The search bar is on the top right side and just about any question can be answered from there. Here is the first one I found and it has several others buried inside of it.

Edited by muddkatt
  • Like 2

There’s a dealer here in Iowa that hauls TX trucks up here, I see on his Facebook page he’s got a 15 coming in with 240k on it. It looks like a 70k mile truck in the pics whoever had it took care of it. If he posts the vin on his site I’ll post it maybe somebody could look up the maintenance records on it. 

• Like 1

78,000 miles on my 2015. Air conditioner condenser developed a leak  last month and had to be replaced. Really pisses me off that I have read of that being a common issue and yet GM wont warranty it. Even the the service dept at the dealer commented that it was a common problem.

Other than that I still love my truck and have had no other issues with it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, muddkatt said:

There a numerous threads on the exact same topic. The search bar is on the top right side and just about any question can be answered from there. Here is the first one I found and it has several others buried inside of it.

Thanks! 

Sorry for repetitive post. I tried the search bar; however I guess my search input wasn't detailed enough.

5 minutes ago, muddkatt said:

What’s annoying is there ain’t one truck in that thread with over 100k on it. Not sure what people think high mileage is but 30k don’t count...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wforrest08 said:

What’s annoying is there ain’t one truck in that thread with over 100k on it. Not sure what people think high mileage is but 30k don’t count...

Exactly! My truck is actually the highest mileage/age ratio truck I've seen. 

My truck had 77,000 on it when it was just shy of a year old.

• Like 1

Just now, CoralReef said:

Thanks! 

Sorry for repetitive post. I tried the search bar; however I guess my search input wasn't detailed enough.

The "new" site has issues with the search feature at times. On the left side of the search bar there is a drop down that says "this forum". I check the box above it that says "all content". Makes for a little more searching on my side, but it does find most of what I need.:thumbs:

I call it the new site because they upgraded the software about 4 months ago.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wforrest08 said:

Precisely, it ain't high mileage till you've made it to the moon!

2 minutes ago, MixerDriver said:

Precisely, it ain't high mileage till you've made it to the moon!

LOL, hell I went further than that on my original spark plugs on my 01. That still ain't high mileage. To the moon and back plus a couple of trips around the globe is where that club starts.

So, renaming this thread - "Moon Mileage Club"

The moon's orbit around Earth is elliptical. At perigee — its closest approach — the moon comes as close as 225,623 miles (363,104 kilometers). At apogee — the farthest away it gets — the moon is 252,088 miles (405,696 km) from Earth. On average, the distance from Earth to the moon is about 238,855 miles (384,400 km). According to NASA, "That means 30 Earth-sized planets could fit in between Earth and the moon." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40k here, horrible stumbling and down on power (nearly half) from intake valve build up, oil consumption due to AFM junk causing noises and leaks, vibrating at all speeds from infamous GMC shake, AC has never worked due to numerous constant failing parts, transmission has gone all trans and doesn't know what it is or what to do it just goes back and forth, truck is constantly drifting because I am off center and truck goes the way I lean to center my self on the steering wheel among many other issues. How am I going to keep this thing going to 150k like all our other trucks?

Tyler

63 k miles. 

2012 Sierra.

No leaks.

Reg. maintenance.

Tow with it.

Pulls grades all the time living in the mountains.

Every 50 K miles is a mile stone to me.

:)

Edited by diyer2