2014-2018 Silverado/Sierra High Mileage

3 hours ago, CoralReef said:

So, renaming this thread - "Moon Mileage Club"

Better just name it “My truck doesn’t have jack sh!t for miles on it and I’m going to rant about all the problems I’ve had with it / My truck doesn’t have jack sh!t miles on it and it’s still perfect because it doesn’t have jack shi!t for miles on it yet” thread because once again that’s what it’s turning into...

• Like 1

Well, I commented on one thread just like this at while back. I’m in a 14 Silverado and have around 105,100 on it. Have had very few issues, radiator and AC compressor replaced under warranty, as well as the haptic seat sensors and my passenger side mirror. Otherwise, I’ve had no issues.

5 hours ago, wforrest08 said:

Better just name it “My truck doesn’t have jack sh!t for miles on it and I’m going to rant about all the problems I’ve had with it / My truck doesn’t have jack sh!t miles on it and it’s still perfect because it doesn’t have jack shi!t for miles on it yet” thread because once again that’s what it’s turning into...

So in a short 5 year run just how many miles do you think Joe Average will (not can) put on one? How many 'war stories' can a five year old tell. Reports sound about right given the short and recent time period. I start seeing twenty current examples of the now average 2.5 years with a half million miles on them the BS meter will peg.  Or is 'fake new' more the style these days. :rolleyes: Their reporting reality. Let it be. 

Who cares about “average joe will” like the OP said his truck had 70k racked up on it in a years time. There are thousands of these “oh soooooo new” trucks out there with 150k+ on them you know like from “average joe does”.  Trucks with HIGH MILEAGE since it might be hard to believe people who use their trucks for a living like average joes not just cruising around the countryside on Sundays...

Taken from Dealers page. I bet this truck only has like 50k on it and they rolled the odometer ahead 200k to get more money out of it...

2014 Chevy Silverado LT Z71 1500 Crew Cab Short Bed 4x4 Auto V8
$17,900
Exira, IA

2014 Chev 1500 Crew Cab Short Bed
LT Z71
Black Leather Power Seats
New Wheels and Tires
Southern Rust Free Truck 
5.3 V8
high miles but nice truck, 240k
truck is still in dallas, should be back here Friday, 3-17
will have more info and better pics when it arrives

call 712 304 2812 if interested

Image may contain: car and outdoor
Image may contain: car
Image may contain: people sitting
  • Like 1

OP, don't feel bad about not finding the high mileage threads. I did the same as you and started one a while back. I was going to bump it back up when I hit 100k next week. So look forward to seeing another. I am currently around 993xx miles.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, wforrest08 said:
Who cares about “average joe will” like the OP said his truck had 70k racked up on it in a years time. There are thousands of these “oh soooooo new” trucks out there with 150k+ on them you know like from “average joe does”.  Trucks with HIGH MILEAGE since it might be hard to believe people who use their trucks for a living like average joes not just cruising around the countryside on Sundays...

Me. I care.  According to data from the U.S. Department of Transportation, the average American driver (Joe Average) puts in 13,474 miles behind the wheel each year. (2015 data)  Stat's places the oldest trucks in this series at 54K. Any truck reporting, that logged more than 13,474 miles per year, is indeed and in fact a high mileage truck by any measure that matters. You will find that out when you sell it to a dealer or obtain financing.

Ergo your condescension aimed at those that offered statistically valid information in good faith and in willing participation do not deserve the contempt and error filled oration unjustly laid on them. Opinions are not facts. Not even yours.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

1999 Sierra Extended cab SLT Z71  

Just turned 249k this week.  While I've had to replace the front end, including the differential, everything else is running perfect. 5.3 wise I've had to replace the rear main seal, and oil pan seal, but now the 5.3 uses no oil between 3k oil changes. I use 5W-30 Caster oil conventional, and synthetics for all front, rear end and trans.    

IMG_1982.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sunnysidebeach said:

1999 Sierra Extended cab SLT Z71  

Just turned 249k this week.  While I've had to replace the front end, including the differential, everything else is running perfect. 5.3 wise I've had to replace the rear main seal, and oil pan seal, but now the 5.3 uses no oil between 3k oil changes. I use 5W-30 Caster oil conventional, and synthetics for all front, rear end and trans.    

IMG_1982.JPG

I have owned 4 of these newer platform trucks. I am hoping this last one is a long term as some of my past ones. Those LS motors are the BEST motor GM has made. I have seen in excess of 300k with no issues. I still regret getting rid of my 2007 Sierra to get the latest and greatest! Best of luck. The LS motors are worth the repairs!

Not high mileage yet but, 40k on my 2016 and due to my new job I'm going to be doing 25k a year so I guess on an annual basis I'm running kind of high mileage.

• Like 1

Just a little shot of my miles per tank. You can see I am over 100k miles and I can still get almost 600 miles out of a tank of gas. Still going strong.

5ae7a141278fe_600MilesPerTank.thumb.jpg.c1e8ca977203798aa9886eb14434a731.jpg

Do you have a catch can installed or any type of tuner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Eddie 70 said:

Just a little shot of my miles per tank. You can see I am over 100k miles and I can still get almost 600 miles out of a tank of gas. Still going strong.

600 Miles Per Tank.jpg

592 miles on a tank of gas, HTF are you doing that?  You doing 35mph downhill the whole time?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, jgraves13 said:

Do you have a catch can installed or any type of tuner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No catch can and no tune. Stock everywhere except 2 inch drop shackles in the rear.