CoralReef

2014-2018 Silverado/Sierra High Mileage

6 hours ago, Cheverado said:

592 miles on a tank of gas, HTF are you doing that?  You doing 35mph downhill the whole time?

I have about an 85 mile round trip to work. About 15 miles in the morning on the interstate and the remainder is 55 mph roads. I am in no rush and I don't have to be in a race with everyone to be first at the gate house to get in to work in the morning.

I was getting nervous when I took this picture. It quit giving miles remaining til empty.

3 hours ago, kevinfranklin said:

I'm betting he just filled up at a station on a hill, reset Trip B, and then rolled downhill to the house.  ;)

592 miles down hill idling all the way. 🖒

1 hour ago, sdeeter19555 said:

Yeah, I've watched those mile-o-meters...they start out like that and drop 2 to 3 miles for every actual mile traveled...hand calculate it.

2012 2500hd 6.0l CCSB 4wd

I was just showing it is possible to get close to 600 miles on a tank of gas. Hand calculated mpg was 23.312 mpg. So yeah, the read out is off just a mile or so. My 60000 mile average is 22.960.

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:56 PM, seamus2154 said:

I have owned 4 of these newer platform trucks. I am hoping this last one is a long term as some of my past ones. Those LS motors are the BEST motor GM has made. I have seen in excess of 300k with no issues. I still regret getting rid of my 2007 Sierra to get the latest and greatest! Best of luck. The LS motors are worth the repairs!

They were good LT's are cut above.....

Yeah, I've watched those mile-o-meters...they start out like that and drop 2 to 3 miles for every actual mile traveled...hand calculate it.

2012 2500hd 6.0l CCSB 4wd

This. My DIC for gas mileage is consistently 1-1.5mpg higher than hand calculated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 3/14/2018 at 11:04 AM, wforrest08 said:

What’s annoying is there ain’t one truck in that thread with over 100k on it. Not sure what people think high mileage is but 30k don’t count...

2015 Sierra 5.3 with 108,000 miles, been rock solid reliable! 

• Like 3

2015 Sierra 5.3 with 108,000 miles, been rock solid reliable! 

Any engine mods such as catch can or tune?

4 minutes ago, jgraves13 said:

Any engine mods such as catch can or tune?

No mods, stock.

• Like 2

I met a guy last week that had a 2014 Sierra with 173k on it, and was still running strong. Interior and exterior looks brand new... blew my mind. 

Personally my 2014 Sierra is at the 83k mark. Only problem I’ve ever had is the a/c going out, and that was the classic broken plastic valve whatever-you-call-it. 

Edited by BlackjackSierra
  • Like 1

I have a 2014 silverado and just hit 80k miles, condensor had to be replaced at 42k miles and again this summer at 74k miles but GM warrantied the second job, now it needs a new pinion seal in the rear end.  Aside from these the truck has been amazing.

46192592_271112276924251_4001940540890284032_n.jpg

Edited by Anthony Young
added pic
  • Like 2

My truck is a 2014 fully loaded sunroof heated cooled seats nav Bose system 5.3 4door crew cab 3.42 gears . I got the truck four months ago had 68k miles one owner I’m pushing 82k truck came with 12k mike bumper to bumper and what’s left of 100k . First thing went out is the ac condenser in Florida heat it was hot as hell even with windows down sunroof open that got fixed also had to get my front struts replaced was making a clunk noise when turning left .besided them issues trucks been great knock on wood, so far mods are new tires 275-60-20 k02 a k&n cold air intake muffler delete bedcover . Plans are headers tune swap to l86 intake and tb new mufflers and sound system .

15 Sierra Crew/std bed, 5.3/6spd max tow. Have over 150k and still going. Not 1 issue, still looks and drives like new considering the abuse she's been put through. This bitch works hard and keeps coming back for more! Aside from 3 sets of tires, light bulbs, level, aal, and shocks, I haven't done anything, except routine maintenance. No catch can. Wait! I had the ac condensor and pump replaced. Unfortunately NOT under fuggin warranty because that's been gone for a year. 1100 later and my ac is fresh again!

Only thing I do is drive in manual mode in 5th. Keeps it in v8 mode. I don't baby this truck at all. When not towing or hauling i drive it like a race car. 373s with the 6spd make it feel quick/fun so traction and stabilitrac are turned off often! ff04034fc013d796ece220665e3eca94.jpgaf66ab21a2cbba409b0abf470a619120.jpg2e5d1e84fa262582b03ab52bf37d20a3.jpgf986f2107b1852a040d92506fedbb227.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

^ With as much junk as my catch can collects, I still haven't seen a single issue caused by coking even from the high mileage folks. Glad yours is running strong!

Not to long ago I bought a 100k 2014 GMC 6.2, that looks and drives like a 10k mile truck.  I've only had it for 5K miles now but it runs like a scalded dog.  I had an 2008 denali 6.2 with header and a tune with 180k miles before it was totaled.  I know it's a different engine but it didn't scare me.  I've wait the 5k miles to mod it just to make sure every thing was solid. 

Now it's time for headers, custom tune and E85 conversion.

• Like 2

Other than :

1.  A motor mount at the first 10k miles

2.  Two radiators

3.  AC condenser 

4.  Plugs / wires

5.  Replaced broken header bolts with studs

6.  Changed differentials, tranny fluid and t case fluid

7.  Brakes and tires

8.  A few blown bulbs

9.  Replaced junk blown rancho shocks 

its been a great truck.   Now that I have it where I want it at 92k miles, the tranny gets to go in for a front pump replacement.....  

5 hours ago, SteveCZ said:

9.  Replaced junk blown rancho shocks

What did you replace them with? 

+2 on Junk Ranchos (Tenneco's) :smash: