Toyo AT2 xtreme vs Nitto ridge grapplers

Hey guys I’ve heard of ton of positive reviews on the new ridge grapplers, I finally am leveling my 2016 Sierra and getting new wheels and tires. I ordered 20X10 Xd 820s and am planning on going with 285/55 ridge grapplers or toyo at2s.

The place I ordered through really likes toyo and suggested the R/Ts or AT2s but I’ve heard a lot of people say the toyo at2 xtremes are a lot louder than they expected them to be, even more so than the R/T. I don’t mind being more pragmatic and going with at2s, but if they are going to be as loud or even louder than ridge grapplers I would much rather stick with them.

Can anyone comment on the road noise of their at2 xtremes or ridge grapplers? It’s not a major factor for me I just don’t want to get the less aggressive looking at2 if it will be just as loud. I would really appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys I’ve heard of ton of positive reviews on the new ridge grapplers, I finally am leveling my 2016 Sierra and getting new wheels and tires. I ordered 20X10 Xd 820s and am planning on going with 285/55 ridge grapplers or toyo at2s.

The place I ordered through really likes toyo and suggested the R/Ts or AT2s but I’ve heard a lot of people say the toyo at2 xtremes are a lot louder than they expected them to be, even more so than the R/T. I don’t mind being more pragmatic and going with at2s, but if they are going to be as loud or even louder than ridge grapplers I would much rather stick with them.

Can anyone comment on the road noise of their at2 xtremes or ridge grapplers? It’s not a major factor for me I just don’t want to get the less aggressive looking at2 if it will be just as loud. I would really appreciate it.

I’ve had both and didn’t think either was loud. I think the AT2s last a tad longer, but i think the RGs look a lot better. I currently run the RGs

2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L
4.5" Zone
22x10 American Force Grips
33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Instagram @wildchevys

I’ve had both and didn’t think either was loud. I think the AT2s last a tad longer, but i think the RGs look a lot better. I currently run the RGs

4.5" Zone
Instagram @wildchevys

Awesome, thanks man. That’s exactly my thoughts, if they are really similar on noise and road performance I definitely want to go with the ridge grapplers just for the look alone. I don’t mind if they don’t last quite as long but if it’s substantial I would rethink it.

Awesome, thanks man. That’s exactly my thoughts, if they are really similar on noise and road performance I definitely want to go with the ridge grapplers just for the look alone. I don’t mind if they don’t last quite as long but if it’s substantial I would rethink it.

From the wear between the two id say they last within 5-10k of each other if not less

4.5" Zone

Instagram @wildchevys

From the wear between the two id say they last within 5-10k of each other if not less

4.5" Zone
Instagram @wildchevys

Cool, thanks again

I've had the Toyo AT2's 305/55R20's on my '15 Silverado and put Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/55R20's on my '17 Silverado.  The Toyo's are not loud but they are louder than the Ridge Grapplers, however I've only had them for about 2 weeks now. Depending on how the wear turns out, I would probably get the Nitto Ridge Grapplers again in the future. Good luck on your decision.

I've had the Toyo AT2's 305/55R20's on my '15 Silverado and put Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/55R20's on my '17 Silverado.  The Toyo's are not loud but they are louder than the Ridge Grapplers, however I've only had them for about 2 weeks now. Depending on how the wear turns out, I would probably get the Nitto Ridge Grapplers again in the future. Good luck on your decision.

From the few reviews I found on google that seems to be what the consensus is. Nitto sure did good on the ridge grapplers, I can’t find much negative at all on them. The main negative I hear for the at2s is road noise

Had the Open Country AT2s on old truck and Open Country RTs on the new one.  To me the tires are similar noise wise but the AT2 seemed to wear slightly better.

Screenshot_20180312-171317.jpg

20170830_183032.jpg

Cool glad to see a few more at2 opinions. I’ve personally noticed most trucks and jeeps I’ve heard rolling near me that have at2s were surprisingly loud, but we all know too many people don’t care for their tires at all and let them go way too long before rotating. I do really like the at2s and hear plenty of good reviews, but I definitely want a substantial decrease in road noise and better pavement performance and feel along with tread life if I went with them. As good as they look they are not as aggressive as the ridge grappler and if I went at2 I definitely wouldn’t want it being close with the ridge grappler in those areas it would have to be quite a bit better.

13 hours ago, MOhunter92 said:

Cool glad to see a few more at2 opinions. I’ve personally noticed most trucks and jeeps I’ve heard rolling near me that have at2s were surprisingly loud, but we all know too many people don’t care for their tires at all and let them go way too long before rotating. I do really like the at2s and hear plenty of good reviews, but I definitely want a substantial decrease in road noise and better pavement performance and feel along with tread life if I went with them. As good as they look they are not as aggressive as the ridge grappler and if I went at2 I definitely wouldn’t want it being close with the ridge grappler in those areas it would have to be quite a bit better.

honestly i don't hear them at all from inside, matter of fact haven't really noticed them with the window down come to think of it... for me its a complete non issue when it comes to noise

Archived