It’s 2018 and still no Panoramic SunRoof on top trims

Had dinner last night with a buddy who has been busy replacing his wife's Volvo's carpet as the sunroof drain hose clogged and backed up all in their car with all the rain we had last month. Couple hours of labor, smell, hassle and money for new carpet pieces to be sent from Sweden, i'll pass. On top of that hail here will demolish one of those. Last hail storm my truck got stuck in I was able to drive for a month until a shop spot opened up, just has some big ass dents, not shattered glass thank goodness. I've heard horror stories of them sticking open too...

Tyler

I have a 2015 F150 that has the panoramic sunroof.  It has been to the shop twice for it sticking and not wanting to open they have been unable to fix it.  I finally found out if I coat the gaskets every two months with a silicone lubricant it works fine.  My kids love it in the back seat but I live in southern Alabama and during the summer you have to keep the sun shade closed or you feel like your in an oven.

I think they look amazing, as someone else mentioned on cloudy dreary days. But am guessing GM is trying to get their roll over or roof strength crash test numbers a little higher. Also, if you look at the platform photos, it shows bracing across the roof that would be in the way for a panoramic roof. In contrast though, you can get it on the Equinox I think. 

We had one in our BMW X5, never again. That car had six trips to the dealer for issues with the roof. It leaked, bound up several times, the shade failed....just a mess, and after the very short novelty period wore off it was just some forgotten feature that always made me nervous driving through the rocky mountains.

This feature in a truck is silly IMO. One of the reasons I'm going to be new to the GM fold is that they seemed to spend money on engineering these new trucks, the important stuff like economy, power, ride/handling, aerodynamics, and usable gimmicks like the rear camera mirror and funky endgate.

I don't need a Tesla style screen, pano roof, or dial shifters in my truck, I want to see engineering and design efforts first and foremost. Although some Ford-style massaging seats would be nice!

Edited by Cascadia
  • Like 1

I would like to see the panoramic sunroof as an option. If you don’t want it don’t get it. I would check that option off though. Doesn’t look like we will see it though. All the trucks I have seen including the high country and Denali have had a regular sized sunroof. 

• 2 weeks later...

One expects a truck to do a bit more than a car or suv when it come to towing, hauling, or off roading from a frame twist perspective. A giant glass roof is a bad idea here. Regular sunroof is plenty good enough to open up on a nice day...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

But it also seems Ford can't do it, there are a lot of complaints about Ford's panoramic roof leaking. Maybe GM just doesn't want to deal with that. Personally my sunroof is enough. 

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:35 AM, mookdoc6 said:

Once again....You want to look cool?  Have the Flash?  Buy the Ford,Ram!  You want a truck that lasts, does not leak from Panoramic roof and is probably safer?  Buy the Chevy....at the end of the day the GM trucks work harder/last longer....

Quit being such a hardcore fanboy.  GM lacks a lot of stuff the others have and "last longer, work harder" is an extremely bold statement.  Especially seeing as their 1 tons don't hold a candle to Dodge or Ford.  I love my Silverado and I even LS swapped my mustang but the fact is they are not the greatest thing in truck industry.

• Like 1

I used to love sun roofs...but I don't want another one...the pano is not a place where i would put a stake in the ground...like someone said earlier, i would much rather have a full rear sliding glass...or even like Ford did with their sliding glass...way cleaner than what the GM's have with the plastic dividers...

too many other options for me to care about to worry if my truck has a sun roof or even a pano sunroof as an option or not...

8 hours ago, DirtyMarcus said:

Quit being such a hardcore fanboy.  GM lacks a lot of stuff the others have and "last longer, work harder" is an extremely bold statement.  Especially seeing as their 1 tons don't hold a candle to Dodge or Ford.  I love my Silverado and I even LS swapped my mustang but the fact is they are not the greatest thing in truck industry.

In what sense? They constantly outperform them in tests which in the HD market should be priority numero uno... They may not be the sales leader or have an SFA but their performance speaks for itself.

Tyler

• Like 1