Why/what/will you upgrade to the 2019?

On 4/8/2018 at 7:56 PM, Imcrazy said:

It always makes me chuckle when I hear people use the word investment and a vehicle in the same breath... Constantly deprecating assets cannot be investments lol...

When you use the truck as a tool to generate money, then it is kind of an investment.

so long

j-ten-ner

10 hours ago, j-ten-ner said:

When you use the truck as a tool to generate money, then it is kind of an investment.

so long

j-ten-ner

That's a good way to look at it, my truck gets me to the office and to go visit my customers to generate sales so in a way my truck is a money maker!

• 3 months later...
On 3/22/2018 at 12:31 PM, pickmeup said:

Some trade solely based on their warranty running out and worry about paying for repair . I look at it if you trade every 3 years that big hit you take on depreciation the minute you drive off the lot new will cover a lot of repairs to say nothing about the second year hit of depreciation.

Yup, you’re right.  But, considering that over half of the adult population doesn’t have the cash on hand to cover a $500 emergency it’s easy to understand.  I’m guessing most of these people lease.

• Like 1

My personal experience was I buy when there’s deep discounts. I usually was even before 3 years. Sometimes I drove highly optioned models. Sometimes mid rang. In the last 20 years from the same dealer. If they had something they could discount more than average they call me. I did all my service with them and would say what’s up to my sales man. We bought my wife’s cars with them too. I thought about leasing but I drove way too many miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree.  I do the same.  Learned through business that cost / profit depending which side of the equation one is on, is important and it’s best achieved by each side through developing relationships.  Anyway, over the years it’s worked well for me.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2018 at 4:43 PM, Imcrazy said:

That's a good way to look at it, my truck gets me to the office and to go visit my customers to generate sales so in a way my truck is a money maker!

In your case it may be better for you to expense the mileage.  If you have a CPA you should discuss with him/her.

12 hours ago, Snoringbear said:

In your case it may be better for you to expense the mileage.  If you have a CPA you should discuss with him/her.

I get paid by the mile plus a straight car allowance... My company basically picks up the bill for my truck and the fuel... It's my first year doing this so I'm not sure how it will look at tax time, I guess we will find out...

7 hours ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

Priced out a 19 LTZ crewcab std bed. $62K emoji15.png

Ryan B.

Has anyone negotiated a price off &62K? Seems as though many have placed orders.

I am in the market for a new truck. Specifically the new Silverado. I have owned three Silverados in the past and love them.

Currently driving a 2013 Raptor. I love it also.

Will crossshop the 2019 Raptor vs 2019 LTZ.  Price not a factor. Power delivery and handling is a major factor.

Both interiors are fine.

Would consider a Whipple for the LTZ 6.2. 

Can’t really tune an ecoboost Raptor and still be reliable....So stuck at 450 HP.

Waiting for LTZ’s to hit the lot to test drive. Raptors drive amazing... I have yet to drive a truck that is a smooth as the Raptor. I do Deaver the rear end of every truck I’ve ever owned. Would do the same to either the Raptor or Silverado.

Cant decide if I want to try something new and more “mature” as the Raptor attention gets old. 

First world problem...

I did a mock built on a 2019 GMC AT4    Came out to $64k   Ouch!

I suspect the Denali and High Country trucks will exceed the $70k mark.  

And I thought the local Ram dealer $68k prices were steep for a Laramie Limited. Not that I am in the market for a Ram. 

A friend of mine just purchased one. On that note he had to take it back to the dealer 3 days in. The "Limited" tag on the glovebox fell off.

Just held on with double sided tape.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

I did a mock built on a 2019 GMC AT4    Came out to $64k   Ouch!

I suspect the Denali and High Country trucks will exceed the $70k mark.  

And I thought the local Ram dealer $68k prices were steep for a Laramie Limited. Not that I am in the market for a Ram. 

A friend of mine just purchased one. On that note he had to take it back to the dealer 3 days in. The "Limited" tag on the glovebox fell off.

Just held on with double sided tape.

Sorry for asking I’ve looked online but where are you doing the mock builds? 

Is it on NADA?

if it’s somewhere else could you point me in the right direction? Much appreciated 

25 minutes ago, jponce97 said:

Sorry for asking I’ve looked online but where are you doing the mock builds? 

Is it on NADA?

if it’s somewhere else could you point me in the right direction? Much appreciated 

Here is the link:

https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/brandsel.jsp?regionID=1&year=2019

Has anyone negotiated a price off &62K? Seems as though many have placed orders.

I am in the market for a new truck. Specifically the new Silverado. I have owned three Silverados in the past and love them.

Currently driving a 2013 Raptor. I love it also.

Will crossshop the 2019 Raptor vs 2019 LTZ.  Price not a factor. Power delivery and handling is a major factor.

Both interiors are fine.

Would consider a Whipple for the LTZ 6.2. 

Can’t really tune an ecoboost Raptor and still be reliable....So stuck at 450 HP.

Waiting for LTZ’s to hit the lot to test drive. Raptors drive amazing... I have yet to drive a truck that is a smooth as the Raptor. I do Deaver the rear end of every truck I’ve ever owned. Would do the same to either the Raptor or Silverado.

Cant decide if I want to try something new and more “mature” as the Raptor attention gets old. 

First world problem...

I don’t believe GM has a truck to compare to the raptors ride handling etc. I travel a lot with business I’ve found times that I worried about standing out. The way I handled that was de badging. The are plenty of reg Fords out there that the owners made them look like the Raptor, I’m sure the reverse can be done to look more mature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk