2018 stepside bed gmc sierra

Odd that the sierra lights up blue in that. The bed looks like its off a 73-87 or something, which  makes me think its a custom job, but the plastic shipping stuff on the hood makes me wonder. 

The rapid camera turning made me kind of seasick.

It's not a bad look! I've often wondered what happened to the step side beds. A friend of mines dad had one growing up (an 88.) Other than that, it was rare to see one. 

24 minutes ago, Ashleyfox118 said:

Odd that the sierra lights up blue in that. The bed looks like its off a 73-87 or something, which  makes me think its a custom job, but the plastic shipping stuff on the hood makes me wonder. 

It's not a bad look! I've often wondered what happened to the step side beds. A friend of mines dad had one growing up (an 88.) Other than that, it was rare to see one. 

GMC changed the lighting in the 2017 model to all blue dash lights like the Silverado. I'm glad I got a 16 that's still red.

• Like 1

that looks sweet!  i still have my '89 step side - just can't sell it, i love that truck too much!!!

Wrong generation of bed IMO. I think the 99+ bed would have looked better? Looks funky with the new style bumper also, but if it was narrowed and tucked to fit it might look good? Step bed with a step bumper...

It’s crazy how much money they spend on custom US vehicles over there!

• Like 1

I hadn't noticed the bumper until you said that. That for sure needs some revision. 

On the plus side, there's a perfectly good 2018 gmc 6' bed here in the us somewhere if someone needs it. 

13 hours ago, Ashleyfox118 said:

I kind of like it!  I dont know if I would replace my '18 Silverado with it, but it looks like a cool throw back.  I think the step sides always looked cool, but a regular bed adds some extra room for tucking things away.

They should have retro-ed the front end...  with an old style grill and lights as it looks like a hack job someone did.

But they most likely look at it for utility vs looks.

It makes my eyes hurt.

• Like 1

What good is a 3/4 ton step side? (The white one) That's just plain goofy. Looks like a abortion that lived.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That looks terrible

GM should definitely still offer a stepside option.  I loved my '99 RC stepside.   

20 minutes ago, qwank said:

That looks terrible

GM should definitely still offer a stepside option.  I loved my '99 RC stepside.   

Similar to manual transmissions... not enough people bought them and its hard to get good enough MPG with the extra curves

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Logan Lanfear said:

Similar to manual transmissions... not enough people bought them and its hard to get good enough MPG with the extra curves

I would have ordered mine with a manual if it was available also.  I love that most people can't drive them so no one will ask to borrow it :lol:   

• Like 4