Needs to know for Afm Delete

26 minutes ago, Blksilverado31 said:

i have a tuner  was wondering if anything needed to be done after the delete or what to watch for

If I'm not mistaken you can do the afm delete with your tuner...? No need for both.

4 hours ago, Colossus said:

just because you turn off AFM doesn't mean you still won't see issues with the AFM equipment in the engine. 

But it has to reduce the chances significantly, right?  I'm not engine mechanic but the folks who ARE and chime in on this topic sure seem confident it reduces the chances.......

I'm not an engineer but believe disabling AFM stops the special lifters on the deactivated cylinders from going into AFM mode.

I think this would help with durability.

:)

A motor has hundreds of moving parts. Some roll some turn some slide some articulate some oscillate. What exactly is it about those exact same movements in an AFM assembly that spells disaster for them in some unique way?  Ever hear of Rhoads Lifters? 

GM uses a solenoid to do what James Rhoads did with bleed orifice size to gain more control. The original VVT VVL system.  Maybe we should go back to solid tappet systems. :lol: Then we could whine about 8 mpg instead and how that fuel dilutes oil.

:lurk: