I have had my truck since June of 2016 and I have been waiting on the day someone hits it. Well it happened last Friday. I was went out to lunch with my sister and the we stopped by Lowes to pick up a few things. So it happed one of the two places, but of course whoever it was did not find it necessary to leave a note. Anyway they hit the rear bumper and pushed it in and over but fortunately there was not paint damage. I took to a local body shop that my dealer recommended. They were able to realign the bumper and only charged me $142.00. although I can think of several other ways I could have spent that money. This morning I gave her a bath and parked her back in the garage where hopefully she is safe from other drivers.  I did not take any pictures because it is not something I want to remember.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Man, that stinks. Although, it could have been a lot worse. That's one thing I miss about driving crappy trucks...anything can happen to it and ya don't really care.

Well I've got you beat haha got my 17 on September 16th and the night of the 17th I got rear ended by somebody on their phone. They were going 40 and did 12 grand in damage. She's all fixed now though and you'd never even knew it happened. It had 46 miles on it.

Sent from my xperia xz premium using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, jauldusmc said:

Well I've got you beat haha got my 17 on September 16th and the night of the 17th I got rear ended by somebody on their phone. They were going 40 and did 12 grand in damage. She's all fixed now though and you'd never even knew it happened. It had 46 miles on it.

When's the funeral?

When's the funeral?
Runs and drives perfect now with 3,000 miles on it with a level ready to get put on her.

Just now, jauldusmc said:

Runs and drives perfect now with 3,000 miles on it with a level ready to get put on her.

I meant for the talker.

I meant for the talker.
Somehow he and his two buddies walked away. I would have killed them though if we had the horses hooked up.

Next time go and talk to store management about surveillance video of the parking lot. Been more than several cases of this kind of thing around here lately where video has been used to catch somebody usually by tracking the person from their vehicle back to the time of check out to either get their name/address off a credit card transaction or at least a face picture and description of the vehicle to turn over to the police or blast them on social media. 

23 hours ago, Sean3565 said:

I have had my truck since June of 2016 and I have been waiting on the day someone hits it. Well it happened last Friday. I was went out to lunch with my sister and the we stopped by Lowes to pick up a few things. So it happed one of the two places, but of course whoever it was did not find it necessary to leave a note. Anyway they hit the rear bumper and pushed it in and over but fortunately there was not paint damage. I took to a local body shop that my dealer recommended. They were able to realign the bumper and only charged me $142.00. although I can think of several other ways I could have spent that money. This morning I gave her a bath and parked her back in the garage where hopefully she is safe from other drivers.  I did not take any pictures because it is not something I want to remember.

It's unfortunate as people are idiots and I try to park far, far away from them. Lowe's on 64 is terrible conglomerate of idiots that can't park or drive through the parking lot. I hate also having to park in the city lot at Bicentennial park as people drive through there way too [email protected] fast.

I am also glad it wasn't anything major to fix and it's only money... Good luck.

• Sad 1

I was on my third day of ownership when I watched helplessly from a Doctors' office window as a driver backed into my truck and then proceed out of the parking lot.  No noticeable damage to my truck but I saw the front of my truck lift from the impact.  The part that concerned me the most is that the driver drove in a manner that demonstrated he didn't care.  He didn't get out and look at what he'd done nor did he leave in a hurry.  I believe there are drivers who believe this is why we have bumpers!  They serve as feelers to know when to stop.  ;-)

Dash Camera's people. And with nice vehicles, park in a far isolated corner and walk the extra 40 steps to the building. In school I was one of the few who had a nice new truck, so all the $500 dollar Honda kids would battle for the closest spots, bashing doors and trading paint all season. I would spend literally 27 seconds extra per day walking further to my truck knowing that some dirtbag with a Dodge Omni wont smash my doors up. I hate people who hit and run, be a man own up to it.