Is there a better option for Bed Plugs than OEM?

When the dealership did my bed liner, the folks they subcontracted out to were nice enough to remove the bed plugs (GM part # 15891612) before they sprayed it on rather than spray over them.  The downside is that a couple of these have popped off now and vanished and I have some unsightly holes that I want to fill.  I found the OEM part but $10-12 each seems rather steep and was curious if there was another option out there that I had not seen yet.  I've spotted some tie down mounts that I can install that work out to be cheaper by about $2-3 each over the OEM covers, but thought I'd ask before I went that route or went cruising the wrecking yards for them.

81btAMVojbL._SX355_.jpg

Yes, and its a factory option as well.  23115245 is the plug for trucks sprayed with the factory spray on bed liner, so those should work with whichever liner you have.  And they are $4 each, or possibly less.   

The GM tie-down rings are very damn useful.  I'd never think I'd use them that much until I had them in my truck (It came with my new truck, my old truck didn't have those).  

1 hour ago, newdude said:

Yes, and its a factory option as well.  23115245 is the plug for trucks sprayed with the factory spray on bed liner, so those should work with whichever liner you have.  And they are $4 each, or possibly less.   

Oh nice! Those are pretty cheap.

1 hour ago, Robopie said:

The GM tie-down rings are very damn useful.  I'd never think I'd use them that much until I had them in my truck (It came with my new truck, my old truck didn't have those).  

Are you talking about 23146899 or a different set?

1 minute ago, boombalatty said:

Oh nice! Those are pretty cheap.

Are you talking about 23146899 or a different set?

Yeah.. those ones: 

2ecd1d884a2c55fec90046566d02756f.jpg

They're awesome. Well worth the money.    You won't know how often you'd use them until you actually have them.   I find these better than the factory anchors in the bottom of the bed when I have something large to strap down.

15 minutes ago, DEV1ST8R said:

I went with BullRing retractable tie downs. They're a little pricey, but couldn't be happier.

These work inside the bed?    (we're not talking about the top caps of bed rails)

2 minutes ago, Robopie said:

These work inside the bed?    (we're not talking about the top caps of bed rails)

Yep. I got a set of 9 of them. (Here's a stock picture...) 71PkOrBdrWL._SL1500_.jpg

I went with the Dee Zee tie downs in the corners of my Line Xd box. I like the look of the DZs over the factories or Bulls. Think they were around 20 bucks a set. Been installed since 015 with no problems but they have faded slightly over time.

I do like the functionality of those Bull Ring tie downs but I'm cheap :lol:  I saw the Dee Zee models and those were what I was considering if I couldn't source the plastic covers at a reasonable price.  I may go with a combo of both.

Archived