Win A Pair Of Sylvania Cube-X LED Lights!

Zane

1. Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in?
    IF YES: What is your to top priority when choosing accessories for your truck? (Quality/Price/Look/Reviews)
    IF NO:  Why not? (No time/money, inexperience, no vehicle)

Yes, I don’t waiver when it comes to quality, price, look, and reviews however if I had to choose a top priority I would say reviews. Typically if something has good REAL reviews then it probably has high quality for a fair price and looks great. 

1. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO)

NO

1. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?

NO

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in?

Yes, see build

IF YES: What is your to top priority when choosing accessories for your truck? (Quality/Price/Look/Reviews)

Quality, resell, fit/look

Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products?

No, would prefer a better reviewed product that’s been tested and doesn’t break the bank. Would not buy high quality with no testing.

Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?

No - if it doesn’t function then there’s no point unless it’s purely for cosmetics.

1. Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in?  YES
    YES: What is your to top priority when choosing accessories for your truck?   Quality is first priority. Price is second.
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products?   No, I heavily weigh reviews and opinions of those experienced with products.  Especially if the review is from someone I know.
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?   Absolutely not!  Especially when it comes to my vehicle.  It's functional, or it's not going on my vehicle.

1. Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in?
    Thats a big YES!  Top priority is always price first them quality/reviews, them look. 
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO) 
    Yes, I have done this a few times and one bit me in the butt! Alot of reviews are paid reviews now days.
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?
    YES and regretted it too.

1 - No - Its as accessorized as I want it to be.

2 - No

3 - No

I've learned that cheap means exactly what it says. You usually get what you pay for. On the other hand, I'm also wary of higher priced items. Higher prices do not always translate to quality or performance.

Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in?
IF YES: What is your to top priority when choosing accessories for your truck? (Quality/Price/Look/Reviews)
IF NO:  Why not? (No time/money, inexperience, no vehicle)

Yes I am definitely interested and currently investing in my trucks accessories. In order of importance, quality, price, reviews, looks. (It'd have to be truly hideous to turn down a high quality, cheap, with great reviews product)

Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO)

Yes

Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?

Absolutely not (exception: unless the cost is almost negligible, like if the cost could justify even a single use or enough to simply satisfy my curiosity even if it never worked)

Yes - Quality. Surely price, looks, and reviews are important considerations. However, I don't make enough money to be able to throw a bunch of cool stuff on my truck. So when I'm shopping for the accessories that my truck has to have to function to my needs, I consider all things - quality, reviews, looks and then I shop around to get the absolute best price.

2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products?

Yes. but only on non-performance/non safety, bling items. When it comes to performance and safety, I go for quality in order to minimize break downs and being left stranded.

3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all? 

No, typically. See answer #2.

Reply to light giveaway survey:

1. Yes. The most important is function, it"s gotta' work.  Then I consider price, quality, and appearance.  Reviews help me decide.

2.  Reviews are important, because sometimes that's all you have.   But I try to evaluate if i believe them, and consider the source.   I won't buy if I agree that something is junk, or if the vendor is sketchy.

3.  Buy for looks?    See #1 - It's gotta' work.

PS.   Those lights would be great for my new truck that is on order.

1. I am currently an active surf Fisher"woman" I have been considering lights bright enough to enhance my night time fishing on the beach.  At the same time I am currently rebuilding my 1999 Suburban to stock,  love my truck.  

2. No,  my purchase depends on quality and what will not drastically change the overall appearance of my truck, only improve it. 

3. Negative,  I will keep shopping for quality and best fit. 

1. Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in? Yes! Currently Getting my exhaust note just right and working on tuning/shiftpoints.
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO)Big, emphatic no. It's not worth my time if others are having problems with a product.
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all? No.

Yes...All of those factors matter but, priority usually goes to functionality and quality. Does it do what I want it to do and will it do it reliably.

Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO)

No...I'd rather spend a couple more dollars and get a better quality product. There is a limit however, I will not pat 3-4x as much for a product that doesn't offer discernible better quality/functionality for the money.

No, looks are important but, the accessory needs to function.

1. Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in? Yes - Quality
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO) No
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all? No

1. Not currently accessorizing. Added several minor things like tail light bar, in bed LED's and tonneau cover. 2017 Silverado All Star pretty much perfect.

2. No, I do not purchase on price alone and actually use reviews as a significant part of the decision process.

3. No, function is far more important. But ugly is not OK either. Example: ANZO tailgate cap with LED's, I like the concept, but every picture I've seen has the lights not in a neat line. No other options so no purchase.

On 4/2/2018 at 12:50 PM, Zane said:

Sylvania_LED_Spot_Review01.jpg

GM-Trucks.com and Sylvania Automotive are teaming up to give away a pair of Cube-X LED Lights! We just installed our own set, so if you are not familiar with the Cube-X just head on over and read our review.

It's very easy to enter and costs NOTHING. Just read through our rules, answer a three question survey, post your answers to this thread, and a random winner will be announced on April 16th. 

Product Description - What We're Giving Away

TWO (2) - Sylvania LED Cube - 45 Degree Flood Light

SYLVANIA LED CUBE-X Off-Road Wide Flood Light offers 1100 effective lumens at a 45-degree angle. The Wide Flood light is our widest beam pattern, illuminating obstacles, debris and potential hazards. Great for illuminating work sites, too.

• Unique X-shaped LED accent light for on-road use
  • Intense 6000K off-road 45º wide flood light with 1350 effective lumens
  • Rugged aluminum body designed for optimal thermal conductivity, handles rough off-road environments and resists corrosion
  • Lifetime limited warranty
  • Cube-X assembly Includes: LED module, Mounting bracket, Carriage bolt (M8 x 1 1∕8), Two lock nuts and three split lock washers

https://www.sylvania-automotive.com/products/other-lighting/led-off-road/led_cube_flood_45_degree.jsp

The Giveaway Rules

• No purchase necessary as this giveaway is all in good fun and not scientific. 
  • To be considered, answer the questions in our Giveaway Poll (below) and post your honest answers in this thread.
  • Any incomplete or illegible responses will disqualified
  • Users may only submit one set of answers.
  • Moderators/Admins/Staff are not eligible
  • On April 16th, 2018 the admins (Zane/Josh) will choose a random winner out of all completed and valid responses. 
  • This giveaway thread will close April 15th at 11:59pm eastern. 

The Sylvania Cube-X Giveaway Poll

Answer the following questions as honestly as you can. Please elaborate as much as you feel comfortable. These answers will be used as an informal marketing survey by Sylvania Automotive. 

2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO)

Sylvania_LED_Spot_Review15.jpg

Sylvania_CubeX_Spot_Comparision_Night1.jpg

• Yes, i accessorize my vehicles.  Functionality is top priority and looks would be a close second. I like to have the accessories needed to get my truck where we need to go but I don't wanna overdo it to make it look gawdy.
  • Yes I would purchase something cheaper
  • No I would not purchase something based on looks if it did not work well or at all.

Archived