Still love your 2014/2015 Silverado?

As the title says, anybody still love their 2015 or 2015 silverado?  I recently purchased a 2014 V6 4wd, used with 70k miles, 1 owner - clean carfax/autofax - seemed to be well maintained. 

After I bought it, I read all about the bad stuff that can happen, luckily my truck so far drives smooth (maybe minor vibration around 85 mph but I rarely drive that fast) and no flair shifting.  Does have a mild engine tick noise but nothing major, AC still works.  

So naturally my anxiety kicks in after reading some stuff on this forum so really just wondering if anybody out there has one that they still really like?  So far mine is great, and hoping it stays that way.  My previous truck was an 04 colorado, base model - stick shift, roll down windows, no auto locks no nothing.  Bought it for 8500 out the door with 85k miles on it back in 2010.  It lasted me 8 years with little maintenance and recently died.  Hoping this truck will last me as long but when you read up on them its all doom and gloom as far as GM trucks go.  But I am sure that ford/dodge etc... all have their fair share of problems too.  And as with any used vehicle, you're always taking a risk, I get that.  

Anybody willing to share their thoughts?  And if this is a repeat I apologize, new to the forums.  

Thanks, 

Zach  

I still love my 15, for that matter I still love my 00 as well.  Reading forums will scare you, it doesn't matter what brand or model you are researching.  People generally come to forums to get help with problems or simply rant.  If that's all you see, you will think every vehicle is a POS and should not be bought.  Take everything you read with a grain of salt and keep in mind that the issues you hear about are only thing that COULD happen, not that they will happen.  Also remember that vehicles are machines and will not last forever, but you already know that from your previous vehicle.  You can make them last a very long time depending on what you are willing to fix or pay to fix.  I'm bet your Colorado could have been fixed with enough time and money, unless it was sandwiched between two semis or something.

Enjoy you truck and deal with whatever happens when the time comes.

I still love mine.

It seems there are mostly two types of people who come to this forum:

1) someone just got a new truck and is excited about it, their frequency of visiting goes down over time as the new wears off.

2) someone had a problem with their truck/dealer and just joined to complain about it.

so yeah, all of the other million satisfied GM truck customers, you have never heard from. don't worry, there are way more happy customers than frustrated ones.

• Like 5

Still happy with my 14’ there’s a slight shake at highway speeds but I’m pretty sure I’m fixing to put new front end suspension in it and airbags in the back for heavier hauling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just turned 30k miles on my 2015 GMC and am still very happy with it. I did have some early clunk and shift glitches with the 8A in the first 3k miles, but a couple of  dealer visits for a re-flash and a fluid triple flush and has been fine ever since.

I have the 6.2 and never get worse than an 18mpg mixed average and 23mpg on the highway. 

DenaliSnow2.JPG

Edited by Glava2876

I do have a couple complaints, but the major one is my own fault. I jumped into it pretty quick, and was willing to settle for something not quite what I wanted, so long as it was reliable. It's a single cab, and I'm 6'4". There ain't much room in GM single cabs, and I'm starting to realize I can't drive much more than 20 minutes without taking a stretch break. The other complaint I only deal with a couple times a year, and that is driving in fog at night. These projector headlights suck for that. You'd be better off strapping a couple Yankee Candles to the grille lol.

I'm having to start to put a little money into it, but not much I wouldn't expect on a 5 yr old 75k mile vehicle living on Michigan's crappy roads. What's more important to me is it starts every morning and has yet to leave me stranded...knock on wood.

All in all, I do still like my 14. Gas mileage is great for a truck (22 avg in the summer months, 18 in the frigid winter months), and it starts up every morning. I just wished I had looked harder and longer for a truck I can comfortably fit into lol.

I still love my '14, so much so that I'm adding all kinds of upgrades as opposed to buying another new one. I plan on driving it at least 10 years.

• Like 2

Still love mine. Just about to rollover 100k and I’m the only owner. Haven’t had an issue yet *knock on wood* i still love it enough to upgrade the radio to the alpine restyle unit. Treat your truck right it’ll do the same back.

Love my '15.  No problems whatsoever. Replaced the headlight bulbs with Morimoto's, no more crappy headlights. Added factory CarPlay from Anthony (which I never use, ironically).  I still think the '14's / '15's look better, especially the Sierra. All that said, I'll probably be getting a '19 Sierra AT4 when they hit the showrooms and give my son the '15.  I'd like to keep it around. 

Enjoy the truck, don't dwell on the problems others have had. Use the board as a reference if you have an issue or need help with something. Most people on here are pretty helpful. 

Love my 2015 Silverado....basically no problems at all and have around 37,000 miles on it! Have done all kinds of mods to it!!!! And I am not done yet

2015 Silverado LT Midnight Edition
4.5” CST suspension lift
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk