1995 C2500 6.5L Turbo Diesel Stalling

So thinking about trading my 1975 Chevy C30 Cheyenne Super for a 1995 Chevy C2500 6.5L auto 2wd. motor has 100K, Jasper trans has 40K and body is at 309K. has the pmd relocated, oil pressure switch and temp sensor replaced, new flex plate, the common stuff has all been done. issue its having is once its warmed up it wont idle. at a stop throttle has to be held otherwise it will stall. he says he thinks its the ecm. ive had a durmax but never dealt with the detroits. any input appreciated!

6.5 run a mechanical injection pump.  That could be the candidate.  Might be getting warm once the engine heats up and not able to pump the fuel the engine needs at low RPM.  But I have never heard of an issue like that, thats my speculation.  
Something would have to tell the truck to shut off inside the ECM.  And very rarely do ECM's have anything go wrong with them. 

Because it will continue to run if you race the engine I assume the filters are not plugged and fuel is getting to the injection pump fine.  

Could be just a pump adjustment issue.  Try messing with the idle.   Does it idle too low and stall or does it completely shut off immediately?  

I do know the 6.5L didn't have the best pump in the world. biggest reason for that was the PMD being located right in on the side of the pump exposed to lots of heat. this one has the pmd relocation kit though so I don't think that's the issue. and with the motor being only 100k I find it hard to believe pump is junk. I am going to college for diesel tech rn and by what ive heard at the shop is the ecm on early OBDII trucks (94-96) had issues. as for how it stalls I'm not certain, I have not drove the truck, I'm going off what current owner is saying.