Zane

Chevy Gives 2019 Camaro A Huge Makeover - Do You Like It?

I did see the "Line-Loc", thank goodness.

Here is why it seemed to imply a "Turbo" added to all the track cars.

"The new Camaro "Turbo 1LE joins" the V6 1LE, SS 1LE and ZL1 1LE to round out Camaro’s lineup of 1LE track stars."

It doesn't say the "2.0 liter Turbo 1LE joins" the others, just the "Turbo 1LE" joins the above mentions engines. (Dangling participle issue?)

Look forward to any comments.

Thanks,

Ty

I like it... maybe too much.

I think the Turbo needs to go away and they just stick to V-8s and yes that new front end does look a little like the car is "smiling" at you, but I do like the other changes..

• Like 1

Oh and the front bow tie location needs to be re-worked. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Klutch said:

Meh.  Chebby really screwed the pooch from the getgo with these by not making them truly retro.  If they'd brought back the Camaro to look as much like a 69 as humanly possible they still wouldn't be able to keep them in stock.  IMHO Dodge was the only one to really get it right with the Challenger.  It's a decent looking car but I'll be eternally let down 

Can't say I disagree about the Camaro but...the early retro Mustang nailed it better than the Challenger.....then went south in the race to 'look like everyone else' they all do now. 

Posted (edited)

16-18 looks like it's going to eat everything in front of it.

2019 looks like it got some asphalt stuck in the giant gap between its teeth.

When I was deciding to buy mine or wait, I kept thinking (what if it DOES look like the new bumblebee.....every TF movie has forecasted the next camaro after all). Only thing I really wanted is still missing. Auto cruise control.

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

I think Chevrolet missed the mark (again). 

The 5th Gen nailed it, in a lot of ways with some retro styling cues, but still moved the ball forward. There was a huge swell among car enthusiasts, The price was right and they moved a ton of them. Now I understand they had a lot longer to develop the 5th Gen, and since there wasn't a current model, they could release many prototype pics and not hurt current sales. 

Even though the 5th Gen hit a home run with the outward appearance, there was still room for improvements. Yes, Chevrolet cut weight with the 6th Gen, which was a no brainer, but after that, they decided to start going to far to other side of the spectrum with designs that looked too modern. I am not going to chastise  them for pushing the envelope, but clearly they missed the mark.

To me both the 2016 and 2019 versions of the car, do not bring to mind "Camaro". The only thing that defines it as a Chevrolet is the bow tie. You remove the bow tie and it looks like a KIA, Lexus or Subaru. Maybe this is the genius thinking at Chevrolet to get some of that market?

I think you stick with what your good at, building muscle cars!

Look at Dodge, hardly doing anything (looks wise) with the Challenger. A small tweak here and there and then adding a ton of power. They know who their customer market is and what they want.  Is it a heavy, nostalgia looking, power monster? Yes. 

If I had my wish, I would tell Chevrolet to go back make another different retro version of the car, with light weight materials, but maybe a different belt line and more glass so visibility is improved. If you really want to garner some excitement, make a true 2 door hardtop this time with rear functional windows that go down. The power side is great, keep making small (or big) improvements there. But if you want to sell many cars, you have to have a look that is going to really get your hard core Camaro fans on board.

Nothing is going to accomplish that unless it conjures up visions of the first gen. 

Al Oppenheiser I hope you start putting as much time into the Camaro as the General invests in the Corvette. From where I sit it looks like lipstick on a pig. 

Thats my 2 cents

Oh BTW I own 2 69 Camaros, and was totally excited by the introduction of the 5th gen. I still like my 2010 SS. There are many first gen owners out there who felt the same and ponied up the money for the 5th gen. There are many people who could not afford to get a first gen, and bought a 5th gen because it reminded them of the first gens. This is the market Chevrolet leaves behind with these poor designs.

OMG.  They turned the '19 Silverado designers loose on the Camaro!  :puke:

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, BULLITT65 said:

Oh BTW I own 2 69 Camaros, and was totally excited by the introduction of the 5th gen. I still like my 2010 SS. There are many first gen owners out there who felt the same and ponied up the money for the 5th gen. There are many people who could not afford to get a first gen, and bought a 5th gen because it reminded them of the first gens. This is the market Chevrolet leaves behind with these poor designs.

Huh? I have had a few first gen, I think you got that backwards. No one is paying 45-50k for a 1969 SS unless its mint or you like getting ripped off. You can get one in excellent shape for 30-35K.

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

Its to happy for me. I feel like its a bubbly chick car wanting to hold my hand. 

I am very glad I have a 2015 Z28. Much more aggressive looking and ready to tear you up, not cuddle. 

Wonder if they are trying to make it appeal to more of a tuner car market. It looks more like a Honda or Toyota. 

Yuck. My plan was to buy an SS 1LE next spring but based on the frontal lobe on this refresh looks like I'll have to buy earlier and get a 2018.   Yeah, the bow tie among other things, needs to go back onto the grill. 

What's with the auto manufacturers making muscle cars look "fish-esque" of late?
Mustang looks like a Carp and now the Camaro looks like a guppy. My 98 Z28 was kinda ugly too now that I think about it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

On 4/9/2018 at 1:51 PM, 14tungstenLT said:

i like it but the front needs to be color matched and the bowtie needs to move back up

**from a jalopnik comment 

paintedfrontcamaro.jpg

I 10,000% agree with you.  This is how this car should be.

2 hours ago, SnakeEyeSS said:

Here is a fixed version that we will hopefully see in 2020. 

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10142470&postcount=28

Take my money!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By 17Sierra1500
      Taken from a 2017 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate  - - 22" GM CK164 Wheels and tires package for sale.
        4 wheels, 22x9 aluminum + 4 tires + 4 TPMS sensors installed + 4 tires mounted + 4 center caps   TPMS sensors and Lug Nuts INCLUDED   OEM wheel part number 19301164 7-spoke silver with black inserts and they retail about $500 each.   285/45R22 Brigestone Dueler A/T RH-S tires have 30K on them but they definitely still have some life left in them - I don't have a tire tread gauge or I could tell you the exact depth.   All parts listed here are OEM Factory parts unlike the cheap knock-off replicas you find on the internet.   Located in Columbia, Missouri.  $1800 OBO   EDIT: I would consider shipping them if buyer pays for shipping, up front and payment clears.  I did a quote through Greyhound Package Express and it is roughly $400 to ship them to the lower 48 states, give or take depending on your location.  If you choose this option, you will have to be patient with me shipping them as I will have to drive 2 hours each way to get to a Greyhound shipping location.

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      7-12-2018

Chevrolet announced prices today for the new 2019 4500 HD Chassis Cab medium-duty truck. Prices will start at $48,465 including the $1,495 destination charge.

“These new Silverado chassis cabs are a great addition to our lineup because we can now offer small businesses and large fleets a truck that can be upfitted to do many jobs including construction, utility and landscape work, tow truck operations, first responder calls and more,” said Ed Peper, U.S. vice president, GM Fleet. “Chevrolet was obsessed with making these Silverado trucks easy to upfit, drive and own.”

Chevy says the ultimate Chevrolet Silverado is the 6500HD, which is similar in size to the 4500HD and 5500HD but is rated to 22,900 pounds GVWR. “Bucket truck builders, fleet managers and many other customers told us they face a dilemma when their GVWR needs exceed 19,500 lbs.,” said John Schwegman, director of Commercial Product and Medium Duty at GM Fleet. “Some pay for expensive aluminum bodies to save weight so they can stay with a Class 5 chassis. Others may spend $10,000 or more to purchase a larger truck with much more GVWR than they need. The Silverado 6500HD gives them capability and protects their bottom line. It’s a great solution.”

Here are the features of the new 2019 Silverado medium-duty line:
      -The Silverado will be available in 2WD and 4WD and will be powered by a Duramax 6.6-liter diesel engine with 350 horsepower and 700 lb.-ft. of torque and Allison transmissions with a Power Take Off (PTO) option.
      -The frame is designed with one-piece straight rails with no rivets or brackets on top to interfere with the mounting of custom-made bodies. There are no obstacles to work around helping to save time and money during the upfit process.
      -More frame lengths are offered compared with key competitors, which can help customers specify the exact truck to suit their needs.
      -The truck is designed to be easy to service, with a clamshell hood and a wheel cut of up to 50 degrees that can give technicians better engine access than trucks with conventional hoods.
      -Optional equipment includes a twin-tank fuel capacity of up to 65 gallons, a factory-installed air suspension and a full suite of available connectivity, including OnStar, Commercial Link and a built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi hot spot.

Look for the new Silverado medium-duty trucks at any one of Chevy's 400 commercial dealers late this year.  

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      7-10-2018

The 2019 GMC Sierra was photographed on the road this week by a member of the Facebook 2019+ Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra club . Jeff Andre obtained these three images of the new Sierra in Red. The new rear tailgate is easy to spot in the images. Jeff was kind enough to share the images with us. He says this new Sierra was "Spotted in the wild on the roads of Virginia, Manufacture plate still. Honest opinion some of the badging is a little overkill but all in all the truck looked very good in person driving down the road."

We think the truck looks great. What's your opinion GM-Trucks.com members?
    • By L83_Z71
      Evening y'all,

I know the subject of AFM either deletion or disabling has been beat with a stick but as I was doing some digging I came across a couple of articles that had me wondering. So I recently just ordered a Range for my '16 5.3 and am/ was eager to install it but.... I read that when disabling AFM in the long run it can hurt the motor i.e. lifters. My question is, has anyone been running a AFM disable tune/ flash for a few years and had any issues?

Thanks guys 
    • By Zane

Zane Merva
      Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com
      6/29/2018

Even with an all new dynamic fuel management system, the 2019 Silverado equipped with a 5.3L or 6.2L engine won't see any better fuel economy then their 2018 predecessor. 

Today Chevrolet released more information on what the 2019 Silverado will cost and what fuel economy we'll see. Here's the new chart..

2019 CHEVROLET SILVERADO CAPABILITIES

4.3L V-6
      w/AFM (6-spd.)
      5.3L V-8 w/AFM (6-spd.)
      2.7L I-4 Turbo w/AFM (8-spd.) 
      5.3L V-8 w/DFM (8-spd.)
      6.2L V-8 w/DFM (10-spd.)
      3.0L I-6 Turbo-Diesel  (10-spd.)
      Horsepower
      TBA
      Torque
      TBA
      Max towing
      TBA
      Max payload
      TBA
      EPA-estimates (city/hwy/comb)
      N/A
      N/A
      N/A
      17/23/19
      16/20/17
      N/A

From these official figures, a 2019 Silverado with the 5.3L is rated 17 MPG City , 23 MPG Highway and 19 MPG Combined. The 2019 6.2L is rated at 16 MPG City, 20 MPG Highway, and 17 MPG Combined. Chevy does not specificy if these numbers are for 2 or 4 wheel drive, so we can only guess. If it's 2WD, then the 5.3L gains 1MPG in the City but stays flat in the Highway and Combined ratings compared to 2018 figures. The 6.2L also gains 1MPG in the city but loses 1MPG in the Highway rating. The Combined rating stays flat. 

So, where is the big benefit to DFM? Is GM's new fancy technology going to wow in real world driving or just with fancy words?  We'll find out soon when we take delivery of our 2019 Long Term Silverado LTZ in a few weeks. 

See Also: