Zane

Chevy Gives 2019 Camaro A Huge Makeover - Do You Like It?

12 hours ago, SnakeEyeSS said:

Huh? I have had a few first gen, I think you got that backwards. No one is paying 45-50k for a 1969 SS unless its mint or you like getting ripped off. You can get one in excellent shape for 30-35K.

My point is hardly anyone is going to go out and get a first gen camaro and spend at least 20k for a secondary car that they won't be able to use as a daily driver, if needed. It is much more practical to get into a new Camaro SS especially when you figure in financing is easier to get. BUT who is going to do it if the car is ugly? (nobody, except the tuners *maybe). The only saving grace about a ugly 6.5 gen is it makes my first and 5th gen more desirable...

I like the base front end better than the SS... The SS looks like it got inspiration from a Trogan helmet. 

raf,750x1000,075,t,e5d6c5:f62bbf65ee.u6.

I like the tail lights a little bit more than the current car tho.

On 4/9/2018 at 6:11 PM, Klutch said:

Meh.  Chebby really screwed the pooch from the getgo with these by not making them truly retro.  If they'd brought back the Camaro to look as much like a 69 as humanly possible they still wouldn't be able to keep them in stock.  IMHO Dodge was the only one to really get it right with the Challenger.  It's a decent looking car but I'll be eternally let down 

I had a 69 Camaro BBC and I agree 100%; the 67 to 69 was a special generation of bow ties.. SBC to BBC, there was something for everyone..

Judging by the number of Ma Mopar's retro look cars I see on the road; Ma hit a home run which proves your point.

It was starting to grow on me until I saw these pictures out real life, now I love it !

Especially in the new gray color, looks real nice with the new front end.

27585244838_d138e1ab49_b.jpg

Looks good! I like the taillights a lot better!

Not a huge fan of the front end on any of the models in the 6.5 Gen.  I do like the taillights though.  This is a bummer since I am currently saving a slush fund for an SS 1LE (or something else super sporty, manual trans, RWD) and want to pay cash.  Although the 6th Gen now looks a tad boy-racerish, I like it better then the 2019 models.  I was hoping little would change with the design and not have to start looking earlier for a 6th Gen now.  Oh well.  Maybe once I see it in person I might change my mind, but not digging the Transformers look so far.  Should be interesting to see how they incorporate the 1LE aero bits into the 6.5 change.  Looks like they have tinkered with/added the 1LE 6th Gen wheels on the stock SS though. 

I've seen a good number of current 2016-2018 Camaros and I have to admit, I love them.  But I'll also like the new ones as well. 

Can’t make up my mind on the look of it. 🤨

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)

I don't like what GM is doing with these like, spartan helmet cheek things on the front bumpers of this, or the silverado. 

Aside from that, it's cute.  At first glance though, I thought it was a mustang. 

edit: I tried to find a picture of what I mean.

$_35.JPG?set_id=2

Edited by Ashleyfox118

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      7-20-2018

Mark Wahlberg (Ted, Ted2, Patriots Day, Lone Survivor, Marky Mark Featuring The Funky Bunch) wants to sell you sell you a Chevy. So much so that he has just partnered with the owner of eight dealerships in the Midwest. Mark Walberg Chevrolet is now located in Columbus, Ohio. The dealership was formerly called Bobby Layman Chevrolet. The dealership is located at 3900 West Broad Street.

Wahlberg and Jay Feldman, a veteran dealership owner, have also recently partnered on a Walberger’s burger joint in Cleveland. 

If you happen into the dealership please snap some images for the site and post them below.

• By Zane

Zane Merva
      Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com
      7/18/2018

GM-Trucks.com can confirm that Chevrolet is sending out media invitations for a next generation 2019 Silverado first drive program that will take place in just a few weeks. Scheduled during the second week of August, the invite only program will give selected national journalists and automotive media a first chance to get behind the wheel of the all new pickup in the mountains of Wyoming. 

That's good news for anyone interested in a third party opinion about the all new Silverado and undoubtedly the beginning of a media onslaught of 2019 Silverado and Sierra content. We can't wait!

We're finalizing our plans to attend the event ourselves and very much looking forward to seeing how the new Silverado matches our expectations. Especially since our long term 2019 Silverado LTZ should arrive just a few weeks after we get back.

• By PhatBoy
      GMT-K2xx   2014-2018 
      Brand new in the box GM/Borla 6.2 exhaust.  Part number on box shows dual side exhaust but laying it out it's a dual out the back exhaust, not what I wanted so its for sale.  Part numbers on box are: 19303345 (dual out the side) and 19303348 ( dual 4" black tips).  Parts have never been installed just laid out before install.  Pictures are of actual parts.  

$950 takes it. Pm with contact info and I'll be quick to reply.  

Thanks Roy  

PREFER LOCAL SALE, DO NOT WANT TO SHIP...... 
      Houston, Tx

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      7-18-2018

Alex Bregman, the 2018 Ted Williams Most Valuable Player, chose the new Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe during the All-Star Game MVP award ceremony presented by Chevrolet at Nationals Park in Washington on Tuesday night. He had the choice of the Camaro or a Colorado ZR2.  

Bregman hit the game-winning home run in extra innings that led the American League to victory. It was his first All-Star Game. “Bregman set a great example for baseball fans and especially our kids by hustling hard for the entire game and demonstrating exceptional teamwork — essential qualities to win on the field, in the classroom, and in life — and that is why Chevrolet is proud to present the MVP award,” said Brian Sweeney, U.S. vice president of Chevrolet.

Which vehicle would you have chosen GM-Trucks.com members? There is no wrong answer.