2019 Engine HP/TQ guesses? 5.3

Personally I have no issue GM’s choice to keep the power ratings the same. This generation is about losing weight and gaining fuel economy with the 10speed. I have a strong feeling that once MPG figures are released in the coming months the HP/TQ will be the last thing we talk about. Keep in mind that the current trucks can tow between 12-13k when correctly optioned. That’s right on the cusp of HD territory. At this point HP/TQ are just shit and giggle bragging rights anyways. Just my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Personally I have no issue GM’s choice to keep the power ratings the same. This generation is about losing weight and gaining fuel economy with the 10speed. I have a strong feeling that once MPG figures are released in the coming months the HP/TQ will be the last thing we talk about. Keep in mind that the current trucks can tow between 12-13k when correctly optioned. That’s right on the cusp of HD territory. At this point HP/TQ are just shit and giggle bragging rights anyways. Just my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually, that's well past some 6.0l HD territory...

2012 2500hd 6.0l CCSB 4wd

On 4/11/2018 at 5:22 PM, pickmeup said:

Some say they can't offer 6.2 because of fuel mileage standards. I call bullshit on that as it gets about the same as the 5.3. Also how come the other mfg's let you pick any engine in any model including regular cabs. Think about it they get no better mileage than GM trucks and maybe a little less lol. And on top of that they offer more gear ratio options.

Agreed. Imagine a WT reg cab pickup 6.2 with 3:73 gears? That thing would be fun as hell and still get good gas mileage.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2018 at 10:56 AM, shift_grind said:

I'm confused as I was not being rude.  I corrected his incorrect facts and he got defensive and rude about it, so I said you don't need to get defensive, and that's in turn, rude?  I don't agree with that.

The discussion was not about the Ecoboost or turbo engines, it was about Fords 5L v8 making 460hp and GM's 5.3 only making 355hp which I stand by my original statement of apples to oranges.  One is tuned for a car running premium gas and one is for a truck running 87 octane and a tow rating of around 12k lbs.  It's irrelevant. 

you didn't correct any facts

The FACT is that ford makes N/A smaller displacement V8's that make much more HP per litre than GM @ the moment. Your "facts" were semantics - just like its semantics trying to argue the point that the 6.2 LT1 is "entirely different" than the 6.2 Ecotec - sure it is. You must not have alot of experience w/ dyno tuning results......

So my point is (& so isn't shif_grinds) that there are ways to make more HP w/ smaller displacement while still getting good MPG & reliability. If ford can do it than so can GM.

One thing that I like about GM motors is they are architecturally much smaller than Fords....a chevy 6.2 is "smaller" than a ford 5.0

22 hours ago, crushNchowda said:

you didn't correct any facts

The FACT is that ford makes N/A smaller displacement V8's that make much more HP per litre than GM @ the moment. Your "facts" were semantics - just like its semantics trying to argue the point that the 6.2 LT1 is "entirely different" than the 6.2 Ecotec - sure it is. You must not have alot of experience w/ dyno tuning results......

So my point is (& so isn't shif_grinds) that there are ways to make more HP w/ smaller displacement while still getting good MPG & reliability. If ford can do it than so can GM.

One thing that I like about GM motors is they are architecturally much smaller than Fords....a chevy 6.2 is "smaller" than a ford 5.0

Sure I did. Your post was and still is full of incorrect and irrelevant info.  

You were trying to make the point Fords engine is only 4.95 liters.  It's 5.04.  Don't use exact numbers to the hundreth decimel if you don't want to be corrected for being wrong.   

And you want to compare Fords high performance 5l Mustang engine to GM's base 5.3 truck engine?   If Fords v8 is the same in their Mustang as it is the F150, why is there a 65hp difference in the rating?

The LT1 is nearly the same as the L86.  You're arguing with yourself on that one.   It's also common knowledge GM's small block is physically smaller than Fords 5l. You are the one talking about GMs low power per liter.  Are you arguing both sides of the argument?   

Edited by shift_grind