6.0 performance / fuel economy questions

13 hours ago, i82much said:

even assuming this is true, who cares?  i don't know about you, but i really could care less how much power i have at the flywheel, all that matters is what is at the wheels.

as for oem vs. aftermarket, i suspect the real difference is that an aftermarket tune can take a more aggressive approach to timing and maybe afr, reduce torque management, etc.. Really just taking out some of the safety factor the OEM builds in to make sure the drivetrain holds together through the warranty period.  But that margin is yours for the taking if you want to take the chance, it is not some fairy tale.  I have no plans to tune my truck, but that doesn't mean I feel the need to disparage those who do.

I have coded F-16 radars that would make your silly logic look like child's play, btw. I don't bring it up often, but whenever I run into a really pompous dipshit I like to throw that out there.  

The discussion was engine HP/TQ.  Claims were made that by the simple click of a button you could get X engine HP (30HP in one claim).  That claim is false, at the wheels or otherwise.  Its just hocus pocus nonsense.  

If they were honest, they would not be disparaged.  But they sell fantasy and pass it off as fact.  Facts they cannot prove.  Because its all nonsense, and they know it.  20 years ago, maybe.  Not anymore.  The OEM's are not holding back on the engines.  They are trying to hit the highest HP/TQ numbers possible.  Those numbers go in brochures and brochures (digital or otherwise) sell trucks.  People dont care if the engines can or cannot actually achieve those numbers in everyday driving, BTW.  If they did they'd be calling BS on every OEM, because production vehicles out in the wild will rarely, if ever, hit their numbers.  People really could care less.  They just want to have a number to tell people.  I am under no belief that my L96 can actually hit 360HP and 380TQ while it is sitting in my truck.  It can maybe do that under a special set of circumstances with the engine removed from the truck in a very controlled environment.  

You threw what out there?  You were part of a team that wrote a code once?  Congratulations.  I actually know several people that have worked/are working in the aviation sector writing code.  Its all very modular.  No one person can actually claim to have written "the code" for any system, because individuals only get to write a piece of it.  Its all part of a collaborative effort with lots and lots of peer review, QA, third party testing, etc.  I wish my job was that easy, especially the part where someone looks over my shoulder to make sure I did it right.  Most of the time I have to do it all by myself, and then be set on fire all by myself if it doesn't work.  But, yeah, Im sure whatever little piece you did was super hard.

3 minutes ago, i82much said:

On the bright side, there are a lot of smart and respectful enthusiasts on this site worth talking to, and it's really not that hard to ignore those that aren't.  I should have been smarter and just responded to someone worth responding to.  Toodles!

Clearly, you are not one of them.  Your previous post contained a personal attack, and the rest of your content added nothing to this thread.  I will heed your advice to ignore persons such as yourself whose sole intent is to insult other people with abusive language, while adding nothing of any value to this forum.  Have a great day!