In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Hey there I am a proud owner of a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado. The issues I wanted to discuss is the new technology in the truck. What I'm referring to is the E assist system. Only 500 of these were released in California, I own one and love my truck but I believe this system is making the truck drive weird. I'm not sure if it's because it's trying to improve fuel economy or just faulty but when I am coming to a stop I can feel a clunk almost like I was rear ended, I can also feel it when taking off and it's annoying. I wanted to see if any of you have had similar problems in your truck and any advise you had or your experience. I brought this issue to the dealer twice and both times they found issues but none with the e assist system or transmission they claim. I have posted a link to a video of what happened on my last experience to my local dealer. Thanks for any help.

Try posting here

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/forum/169-2014-2015-2016-2017-2018-chevrolet-silverado-gmc-sierra-1500/

...in the forum designated for that model year trucks.  This forum is for issues and problems and comments with the website

Edited by dsr611

So sorry I will take this post down and repost my first day on here so still learning how to navigate the forum

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Rodney618
      Rpm go up and down while driving steady near 55 to 65 fell vibration while shifting up and down
    • By Sam Hohn
      I recently acquired a 1951 Chevrolet 6100 missing its engine and would like to refurbish it. However, Instead of putting in the original engine (Chevrolet 235) I am looking for an engine that came out in the next 10-15 years to put in my truck that will out put 200+ horsepower without being out of touch with the truck. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    • By tjaudet829
      2015 sierra denali 5.3l trans failed at 100,400 miles was flushed at 75k
      I had bought 100k extended warranty that ran out 300 miles ago. I am hoping GMPP does the right thing here.
      Also I was notified the week previous that my magnaride struts are leaking and wont warranty them. Seems ridiculous to me these thing all failed at 100k
    • By sunshinemb20
      My 2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 won't shift into overdrive. -It started with, my check engine light came on Blinking the other day but then the light shut off almost immediately. I had pulled over, once the check engine light shut off moments later I went to pull back out and the truck wouldn't shift into overdrive. The light has come on a couple of times before but it was never blinking and usually a couple days later it would just shut of on it's own before we could get it looked at. Does anyone have any Ideas as to what might be going on? - And please tell me it's a cheap fix, HAHAHA 
    • By Frankieb51
      2015 Chevy Suburban with 130k, transmission went just like everyone else's, so I had it rebuilt at a outside shop with a trusted mechanic but I keep on having to bring it back. He rebuilt it and it took a week for the converter and the new gears to shift smoothly once again (normal). But now Im having problems with the temperature. My transmission temp is skyrocketing to 260 degrees with no check engine light coming on. After doing further investagation and taking the dipstick out and looking at the fluid and touching the stick it wasn't burnt or hot at all. The stick was cold. This is causing both my fans to blow cold air which is doing nothing and the temperature stays. The engine temperature is normal around 190. I love these trucks but with the amount of money put into them to keep is insane.