Boardmember

Ok. I got bumped. By a little old...

...actually my boss criticized me when I said this.  He said there wasn’t enough of an age delta between me and any one else for me to call her an old lady.    So..

...a little old lady crossed the center line on the highway (moving slowly after the light turned green; saw it coming, couldn’t brake because of line of traffic behind, horn had no effect) and bumped this little old man.   Dammit. 

My body shop said $1800.  She was insured but I haven’t seen her adjuster yet.  Do I have any special claim because my truck has only 6000 miles on it?  I recognize it’s all repair, no body panels need replacing, but damn....

File a suit against her for diminished value. Now that your limited build, highly optioned, low mile, one of kind truck has had an insurance claim, it has hit the carFax. With a dirty carFax, your truck is easily worth 10 to 20 thousand less than the next comparable unit with a clean carFax. So file for a $30k diminished value, and settle for $15k before it goes to trial. You are not at fault, you need to be made whole again!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You can file a diminished value claim.  You will probably get a little something. Wouldn't think it would be more than $500, but could be a little more.  

I think XSKIER is in cahoots with the guy I work with that promptly texted me and offered $10,000 for the truck.   He’s been in the market...

i was just lamenting.   

"You couldn't brake because the line of traffic behind"???   wtf  You have brake lights and they have brakes.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Accidents happen.  Silver Sled brings up a point that wasn't unexpected.  Sometimes fault automatically goes to one person but the other driver could have reasonably avoided the mishap.  I see this in mall parking lots.  Fault always goes to the person backing out while the person hitting them is driving too fast with their eyes in the clouds or to their electronics.   All blame aside, has a cash settlement been discussed?  This would avoid premium hikes and carfax.  

Edited by Donstar

11 hours ago, XSKIER said:

File a suit against her for diminished value. Now that your limited build, highly optioned, low mile, one of kind truck has had an insurance claim, it has hit the carFax. With a dirty carFax, your truck is easily worth 10 to 20 thousand less than the next comparable unit with a clean carFax. So file for a $30k diminished value, and settle for $15k before it goes to trial. You are not at fault, you need to be made whole again!

So you are one of those guys huh? Are you a lawyer? You act like a lawyer... Let me guess, you get lightly tapped on the bumper in the parking lot and you are in a wheel chair in court I take it to be made whole again? That was one of the funniest reads I have had in a while, thanks!

Limited build, high option, one of a kind truck? He isn't driving a Z06 optioned '63 corvette, there are probably 500 of his exact trucks sitting on the lots right now (half of those at Laura GMC) and who knows how many waiting to be built yet. Worth 20k less? Wow... So my 2014 truck is worth 4 figures now because it has been repaired?

Don't listen to him OP, it is light cosmetic damage. Get it fixed and move on, don't contribute to what is wrong with this world and be shady. If you were t-boned by a red light runner and your truck was borderline totaled but they fixed it then yeah, that is a situation you go after diminished value. Your truck isn't magically worth half its value because of this.

Sucks but shit happens, it is a vehicle (a truck at that), you did the right thing by not panic braking and most likely causing a bigger issue with so many distracted drivers out there...

Tyler

• Like 5

12 hours ago, XSKIER said:

This is nothing but flat out BULL$HIT. I guess your the kind of person that files suit against a grocery store that when you removed a can good off the shelf and dropped it on your foot you sue them.

29 minutes ago, amxguy1970 said:

So you are one of those guys huh? Are you a lawyer? You act like a lawyer... Let me guess, you get lightly tapped on the bumper in the parking lot and you are in a wheel chair in court I take it to be made whole again? That was one of the funniest reads I have had in a while, thanks!

Limited build, high option, one of a kind truck? He isn't driving a Z06 optioned '63 corvette, there are probably 500 of his exact trucks sitting on the lots right now (half of those at Laura GMC) and who knows how many waiting to be built yet. Worth 20k less? Wow... So my 2014 truck is worth 4 figures now because it has been repaired?

Don't listen to him OP, it is light cosmetic damage. Get it fixed and move on, don't contribute to what is wrong with this world and be shady. If you were t-boned by a red light runner and your truck was borderline totaled but they fixed it then yeah, that is a situation you go after diminished value. Your truck isn't magically worth half its value because of this.

Sucks but shit happens, it is a vehicle (a truck at that), you did the right thing by not panic braking and most likely causing a bigger issue with so many distracted drivers out there...

Tyler

Very well put Tyler.

21 minutes ago, Silverado4x4 said:

This is nothing but flat out BULL$HIT. I guess your the kind of person that files suit against a grocery store that when you removed a can good off the shelf and dropped it on your foot you sue them.

I assumed he was joking.    XSKIER were you?

I’ve never had it happen, but I wonder. If you’re backing out of a parking spot cars on each side and can’t see, you get hit who’s at fault? I always look for reverse lights and stop, knowing they can’t see. It’s not like you can get out of the vehicle and look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I’ve never had it happen, but I wonder. If you’re backing out of a parking spot cars on each side and can’t see, you get hit who’s at fault? I always look for reverse lights and stop, knowing they can’t see. It’s not like you can get out of the vehicle and look.

both at fault

unsafe backing for you and inattentive driving for the other.

Happened to my dad many years ago. He actually saw the car coming and stopped. but they continued on and just ran into him...

both at fault
unsafe backing for you and inattentive driving for the other.

Happened to my dad many years ago. He actually saw the car coming and stopped. but they continued on and just ran into him...

Seems unfair if you can’t see. Thank you for clarification.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Seems unfair if you can’t see. Thank you for clarification.

yep it is ha ha bunch of BS but what are you gonna do.

• Like 1

I believe there is sarcasm in that post. Well I hope is was sarcasm lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk