I have a 2014 Chevy Silverado and I am wondering what would be the best hand held programmer to run. I have had the bully dog on my previous truck and it was great I just wanna know others and how they compare to the bully dog.

I just got my black bear autocal in the mail. I will let you know how it is once I get it hooked up. 

• Like 1

I have used Trifecta on my Canyon and I loved it. I just got my tune for my 2018 Silverado but I haven't installed it yet. If it is anything like the tune on my Canyon, I will be extremely happy!

hmm... interesting thread. I wasn't aware hand held tuners did much on a gas engine. I always wait till i get a few upgrades and then take a trip to a dyno shop to have it tuned. 

Hope everyone posts up there results. I might try one if its worth it. 

I just completed an in-person tune with Justin from Black Bear Performance on my 2014 db cab 5.3 with 3.08 gears and 33 inch tires.  It was 100 percent worth the 6 hour drive and cost of the tune.  I had tuned an old 5.4 Ford with a handheld tuner and told myself I would never use a tuner on a gas truck again.  After hearing all the recommendations from this site I gave BBP a try.  I had the AFM shut off and speedometer calibrated for the larger tires. But the transmission tune is unbelievable. The truck now shifts perfect and feels lighter.  A guy on this forum said it best that his gas pedal and transmission were finally working together.  It used to lug around corners and hunt for gears.  Now I actually enjoy driving the truck and make excuses to go to town. I would recommend BBP to anyone looking to increase their trucks performance or just make it more drivable.  It should have been the first modification to the truck.

20170101_151832.jpg

• Like 4

On 4/15/2018 at 5:29 PM, Brown4x4 said:

I just completed an in-person tune with Justin from Black Bear Performance on my 2014 db cab 5.3 with 3.08 gears and 33 inch tires.  It was 100 percent worth the 6 hour drive and cost of the tune.  I had tuned an old 5.4 Ford with a handheld tuner and told myself I would never use a tuner on a gas truck again.  After hearing all the recommendations from this site I gave BBP a try.  I had the AFM shut off and speedometer calibrated for the larger tires. But the transmission tune is unbelievable. The truck now shifts perfect and feels lighter.  A guy on this forum said it best that his gas pedal and transmission were finally working together.  It used to lug around corners and hunt for gears.  Now I actually enjoy driving the truck and make excuses to go to town. I would recommend BBP to anyone looking to increase their trucks performance or just make it more drivable.  It should have been the first modification to the truck.

20170101_151832.jpg

We appreciate the review. We are happy you are enjoying the tune. 

• Like 1

I’ve used autocal on son’s heavily modified camaro from Pat g with good results. My truck was street tuned by him with hptuners. I recently bought hptuners from him when I added dealers, 6.2 intake and throttle body with mit tube. After having both devices, I think the little extra spent on hptuners is well worth it over autocal. Hptuners comes with enough credits to tune 4 vehicles for no extra cost. Auto cal can hold tunes after purchasing credits. A good tuner is always superior to hand held tuners. Usually the cost always equal close in the end.

• Like 1