What am I missing about the headlights?

2 hours ago, Linecapt said:

Frenchsquared, you don't state specifically where you're from.  But there was another post about the LED headlights (I being a contributor to it) not melting wet snow that accumulates or gets kicked onto your lens in the winter.  The HID's in my last truck, '13 Silverado didn't have any issues, only with the LED on my '16 Sierra, since they make very little heat.  I had about a quarter size hole melted in the snow on the lens one night from the LED.  Just a FYI.

Indeed. It's an issue for those of us who drive in snow, slop, freezing rain, etc. It won't surprise me a bit when someone comes up with a system to warm the lenses and keep them clear.

13 hours ago, Linecapt said:

Frenchsquared, you don't state specifically where you're from.  But there was another post about the LED headlights (I being a contributor to it) not melting wet snow that accumulates or gets kicked onto your lens in the winter.  The HID's in my last truck, '13 Silverado didn't have any issues, only with the LED on my '16 Sierra, since they make very little heat.  I had about a quarter size hole melted in the snow on the lens one night from the LED.  Just a FYI.

Thanks for the tip. C4 and C5 corvettes have that issue. The nose is flat enough that snow builds in front of the lights and covers them. Im in Southern CO. I don't drive in a lot of snow but it does happen.. 

I had a 2014 the lights where bad then had the dealer do the service builtin and the light were a little better.

I still had dark nights in bad weather it got a little scary driving it.

The 2016 with the LED never have had an issue they are way brighter then the 2014/2015 lights.

If anyone has issues with the LED, they need to go see the eye doctor they have the issue ha ha..

4 minutes ago, BigBadSierra said:

I had a 2014 the lights where bad then had the dealer do the service builtin and the light were a little better.

I still had dark nights in bad weather it got a little scary driving it.

The 2016 with the LED never have had an issue they are way brighter then the 2014/2015 lights.

If anyone has issues with the LED, they need to go see the eye doctor they have the issue ha ha..

Funny, I say the same thing about people saying the 2014/2015 lights were scary dangerous; some of y'all make it sound like they were powered candles... How did y'all even drive before 2000 with the old school headlights or gasp the sealed beam headlights, did y'all just take public transportation or stay in the house at night?

Tyler

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, amxguy1970 said:

Funny, I say the same thing about people saying the 2014/2015 lights were scary dangerous; some of y'all make it sound like they were powered candles... How did y'all even drive before 2000 with the old school headlights or gasp the sealed beam headlights, did y'all just take public transportation or stay in the house at night?

Tyler

No they all sucked too !!!!!!!!!!!!! but where better than the 90, lights which were better than the 80's light.  I've driven cars you have to light the headlights in ha ha..