Truck sag while towing

On 4/14/2018 at 3:51 PM, Coxryan1 said:

Lol it is 33 ft 7200lbs travel trailer. In the front are the kids bunks and storage (mostly fishing poles and camping supplies)

Is 7200lb the dry weight if so  it would stand to reason that loaded for camping it weighs at least 500 - 1000lbs more. for example my camper has a dry weight of 3990lbs loaded to go camping it weighs 4630lbs per CAT scales, and we travel lite. 

given that at 7200lb your tongue weight would be at least 900lb camper manufactures say tongue weight is at 12.5% to 15% of your weight. 

your best way to get your truck right is park level and measure from the ground to the top of your front fender well then attach the camper to the truck and adjust till you get your measurement as close to the same height as it was before you hooked up the camper 

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

spend the extra few bucks and get a set of airbags, you will be much happier in the long run. I have a set on my truck, that i'm thinking about taking off since i don't tow much anymore
I didn't even realize how much a set of airbags cost until I made this post only a bit more than the sumo springs really.. We have a permanent camp spot at the campgrounds 15 miles from our house, and take it around 2 to 3 trips outside of that per year. I think in the long run either choice will do me well! Thanks for the input everyone!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk