Add Subwoofer to Bose system. GM Kicker or other plug and play options?

Who has added a 2nd sub to their K2XX Bose system?

Did you leave the stock 6" Bose subwoofer (under center console) connected?

What Subwoofer & AMP combos do you recommend

Is the GM Kicker subwoofer worth It for $925 - $975 (eBay)

Difference between 200W and 400W kicker options?

200W Crew Cab GM Kicker Crew Cab Part No. 19355509

https://accessories.gmc.com/product/2018/GMC/Sierra 1500/crew-cab-200-watt-subwoofer-and-audio-amplifier-kit-by-kicker®---associated-accessories-19355509?categoryId=12013

200W Sub & 400W amplifier GM Kicker Extended Cab Part No. 19303115

https://accessories.gmc.com/product/2018/GMC/Sierra 1500/extended-cab-200-watt-subwoofer-and-400-watt-amplifier-kit-by-kicker®---associated-accessories-19303115?categoryId=12013

1 hour ago, 05cyclone said:

I took out the stock Bose sub on my truck and replaced it with the JL center console stealth sub. It made a huge difference in the sound quality. Well worth the money.

Nice! 

What amp? 

Lc2i box?

What Subwoofer & AMP combos do you recommend

I went with a JL 13tw5 sub and a JL 500 HD amp.. bought box off of subthumb.com...under passenger side back seat. Used LC2i with bass knob...If you have a 6.2L you will have to disable the noise cancelling to prevent your sub from being out of phase. If a 5.3L no worries. Left Bose sub active and in place but pulled the inputs for the JL equipment from the Bose sub. For me it sounds great.....Good luck on your choice.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I just added 2 8” soundquebed subs, soundquebed amp, soundquebed 4 gauge wiring kit, and subthump box with LMI welding seat lift. The color options from subthump does not match my color, so I’m gonna eventually re-carpet box. It is way louder than 2 sealed 10’s.

BBE6B58F-AAA2-4288-9F9F-19AE79C4C720.jpeg

On 4/17/2018 at 8:24 AM, Billy Smart said:

I just added 2 8” soundquebed subs, soundquebed amp, soundquebed 4 gauge wiring kit, and subthump box with LMI welding seat lift. The color options from subthump does not match my color, so I’m gonna eventually re-carpet box. It is way louder than 2 sealed 10’s.

BBE6B58F-AAA2-4288-9F9F-19AE79C4C720.jpeg

Been looking at that LMI kit. How are u liking it? Install went smooth?

Install is easy. Instructions suck. Send you to YouTube to see older body style install. I mounted amp behind rear seat on driver’s side. With lift kit installed, able to fold seat back down and access amp for adjustment.

Ordered the single JL Audio StealthBox 10"  SKU 94645 that fits under the center console.

4/23 - 4/24 www.rakuten.com has SAVE10 10% ($30 Max) and SAVE15 15% ($50 Max) off of entire site.

I found the JL Stealthbox for $549 - $50 coupon - 5% (PayPal and Chase Freedom) = $475. 

Still pricy but much better than the $600 retail price.

Search site for SB-GM-3GSLVCNSL/10TW1

Also ordered the JL Audio XD300/1v2 amp for $300 - 30 coupon - 5% (PayPal and Chase Freedom) = $257 (Retail $340)

Edited by 2009GMC