Which Paradigm?

Grumpy Bear

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:53 AM, CadillacLuke24 said:

It's amazing how far they have come with technology in that regard. They crash tested an 09 Malibu with a 59 Bel Air and the results were stark. The Malibu driver basically would walk away and the Bel Air driver would be lucky to survive. 

Dale Earnhardt Sr kind of proves that there is no such thing as the perfectly safe car. Scott Kalitta rings that same bell. Human body was just never meant for that sort of deacceleration not matter how well padded you are. It's the degrees in between where tech is a big help. Well...and some adherence to basic laws of physics which the Law attempts to include in consideration.  

Dale Earnhardt Sr kind of proves that there is no such thing as the perfectly safe car. Scott Kalitta rings that same bell. Human body was just never meant for that sort of deacceleration not matter how well padded you are. It's the degrees in between where tech is a big help. Well...and some adherence to basic laws of physics which the Law attempts to include in consideration.  

Dale Earnhardt proved that going by the recommendation of the seat belt manufacturer would have been the smart thing to do. Last I read on that was his seat belt broke due to improper installation, as directed by Dale himself. His face hit the steering wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, KARNUT said:

Dale Earnhardt proved that going by the recommendation of the seat belt manufacturer would have been the smart thing to do. Last I read on that was his seat belt broke due to improper installation, as directed by Dale himself. His face hit the steering wheel.

I had not heard that Stan. I can empathize. Took a steering wheel out with my face in a 65 Ford when I was 17. Literally took the ring off the spokes.  These were welded structures with hard plastic overlays. Non-collapsing columns. About like taking a hit in the face with a piece of wrought iron railing.  I saw nothing for about 3 weeks. About the time it took for the swelling to subside. Concussed silly. Likely not done paying that one off yet. I forget easy. :rolleyes:

How did he get it by the rigorous safety inspections I wonder? If NASCAR is anything like the NHRA I raced under there isn't a bolt in that car that isn't covered by some rule and inspected by a full team of expert tech's for each race. Amazing!! Wonder what he thought he could gain from the modification? Weird Science indeed. 

On 6/26/2018 at 3:02 AM, Grumpy Bear said:

I don't know where your getting you information on this. The NWT was not translated by Jesuits nor with their help. The list of manuscripts were indeed those used in the translation of the NWT. The work books are on display in Patterson NY. So not ALL current Bibles are the result of the Textus Siniaticus. ...It conforms to the oldest available manuscripts in existence. 

From my first edition NWT somewhere in my garage.  1961 if I remember correctly and in the Forward of their 1950 edition of the NWT - New Testament I believe.  It's been a long long time since I researched all this.  They plainly said their bible was based almost exclusively on the Westcott and Hort English translation of the phony Textus Siniaticus, itself written in 1839-1843 by Constantin Simonides, a scribe who wrote this bible for his uncle in the hopes that the Czar of Russia, who was looking for a bible, would give the Monks in Greece (Isle of Patmos) a printing press.  But the other Constantin swiped it before it was cleaned up.  It's the lie of the devil that this is the oldest manuscript.  It has no chain of custody before the 19th century.  The LXX, the Septuagint, is also a complete fraud, only referenced in a letter which has proven to be false because all of the information in it is false and the dates and times do not add up.  Again, no chain of custody unlike the manuscripts out of the church at Antioch and the Masoretic text.

You can actually view the pages of the Siniaticus online and even buy a giant book with high quality photographs of each page.  The thing is a mess and obviously a rough draft of some sort.  That portions of it were artificially aged is obvious, probably with tea.  Other portions are still white and even in the 1800s, others who had seen portions that today are "aged" described the pages as white when they first saw them.  

And what's the other problem with the Siniaticus?  There's only one copy!  There are thousands upon thousands of copies and fragments of the texts that make up the Received Text which the King James is derived from.  

I reject your statement from the post above this one in that states, "knowing isn't part of our nature but a result of Godly education".  The bible says that ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that the wages of sin is death.  God is Holy and Just and such a God would not condemn men who did not know what he expected of them.  The scriptures also teach that all men are condemned already and that their best works are as filthy rags.  The only way for these guilty sinners to escape God's wrath is to make repentance to God and put their trust in Jesus Christ.  Salvation is a gift, paid for by the blood of Christ on the cross, it cannot be earned as then men would boast.  Biblical Christianity is unique in that ALL other religions and cults teach a salvation by works, that man has to be good or do this and do that to earn eternal salvation.  Biblical Christianity teaches that man is depraved sinner, guilty for breaking God's Laws and only by acknowledging his fallen condition and turning his life over to Christ can he be saved and have fellowship with the Creator through Jesus Christ.

I like cars and fishing and such but love talking about the things of God more!

• Like 1

I had not heard that Stan. I can empathize. Took a steering wheel out with my face in a 65 Ford when I was 17. Literally took the ring off the spokes.  These were welded structures with hard plastic overlays. Non-collapsing columns. About like taking a hit in the face with a piece of wrought iron railing.  I saw nothing for about 3 weeks. About the time it took for the swelling to subside. Concussed silly. Likely not done paying that one off yet. I forget easy. :rolleyes:

How did he get it by the rigorous safety inspections I wonder? If NASCAR is anything like the NHRA I raced under there isn't a bolt in that car that isn't covered by some rule and inspected by a full team of expert tech's for each race. Amazing!! Wonder what he thought he could gain from the modification? Weird Science indeed. 

I’m happy for family that you survived. Back in big Es day he pretty much did what he wanted. I’m remember the interview with Simpson himself saying he was good friends with big E. He pointed out that he told Earnhardt that he was improperly installing the harness limiting the effectiveness of the harness. Earnhardt was more interested in comfort. He was also one of the few left wearing the open face helmet. Simpson gave the interview because he was facing death threats. After that NASCAR became more involved in safety and many new rules were implemented.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, swathdiver said:

From my first edition NWT somewhere in my garage.  1961 if I remember correctly and in the Forward of their 1950 edition of the NWT - New Testament I believe.  It's been a long long time since I researched all this.  They plainly said their bible was based almost exclusively on the Westcott and Hort English translation of the phony Textus Siniaticus, itself written in 1839-1843 by Constantin Simonides, a scribe who wrote this bible for his uncle in the hopes that the Czar of Russia, who was looking for a bible, would give the Monks in Greece (Isle of Patmos) a printing press.  But the other Constantin swiped it before it was cleaned up.  It's the lie of the devil that this is the oldest manuscript.  It has no chain of custody before the 19th century.  The LXX, the Septuagint, is also a complete fraud, only referenced in a letter which has proven to be false because all of the information in it is false and the dates and times do not add up.  Again, no chain of custody unlike the manuscripts out of the church at Antioch and the Masoretic text.

You can actually view the pages of the Siniaticus online and even buy a giant book with high quality photographs of each page.  The thing is a mess and obviously a rough draft of some sort.  That portions of it were artificially aged is obvious, probably with tea.  Other portions are still white and even in the 1800s, others who had seen portions that today are "aged" described the pages as white when they first saw them.  

And what's the other problem with the Siniaticus?  There's only one copy!  There are thousands upon thousands of copies and fragments of the texts that make up the Received Text which the King James is derived from.  

I reject your statement from the post above this one in that states, "knowing isn't part of our nature but a result of Godly education".  The bible says that ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that the wages of sin is death.  God is Holy and Just and such a God would not condemn men who did not know what he expected of them.  The scriptures also teach that all men are condemned already and that their best works are as filthy rags.  The only way for these guilty sinners to escape God's wrath is to make repentance to God and put their trust in Jesus Christ.  Salvation is a gift, paid for by the blood of Christ on the cross, it cannot be earned as then men would boast.  Biblical Christianity is unique in that ALL other religions and cults teach a salvation by works, that man has to be good or do this and do that to earn eternal salvation.  Biblical Christianity teaches that man is depraved sinner, guilty for breaking God's Laws and only by acknowledging his fallen condition and turning his life over to Christ can he be saved and have fellowship with the Creator through Jesus Christ.

I like cars and fishing and such but love talking about the things of God more!

I no longer haver at 61 edition. Since then there has been 3 newer editions. 1981, 1984 & 2014. Start in Appendix A, (2014) page 1717 and read the ENTIRE appendix and you will find your quite incorrect.  

Highlighted above. Okay. You have free will.  But I am evidently being unclear. I AGREE it can not be earned. But it must be SHOWN by our works that repentance is more than a statement of accepting the gift. James shows Faith alone can not save anyone:

James 2:

My brothers, you are not holding to the faith of our glorious Lord Jesus Christ while showing favoritism, are you? 2  For if a man with gold rings on his fingers and in splendid clothing comes into your meeting, but a poor man in filthy clothing also enters, 3  do you look with favor on the one wearing the splendid clothing and say, “You take this seat here in a fine place,” and do you say to the poor one, “You keep standing” or, “Take that seat there under my footstool”? 4  If so, do you not have class distinctions among yourselves, and have you not become judges rendering wicked decisions? 5  Listen, my beloved brothers. Did not God choose those who are poor from the world’s standpoint to be rich in faith and heirs of the Kingdom, which he promised to those who love him? 6  But you have dishonored the poor. Is it not the rich who oppress you and drag you before law courts? 7  Do they not blaspheme the fine name by which you were called? 8  If, now, you carry out the royal* law according to the scripture, “You must love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing quite well. 9  But if you continue showing favoritism, you are committing sin, and you are convicted* by the law as transgressors. 10  For if anyone obeys all the Law but makes a false step in one point, he has become an offender against all of it. 11  For the one who said, “You must not commit adultery,  ” l also said, “You must not murder.” If, now, you do not commit adultery but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of law. 12  Keep on speaking and behaving in such a way as those do who are going to be judged by the law of a free people. 13  For the one who does not practice mercy will have his judgment without mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment. 14  Of what benefit is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but he does not have works? That faith cannot save him, can it? 15  If any brothers or sisters are lacking clothing and enough food for the day, 16  yet one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but you do not give them what they need for their body, of what benefit is it? 17  So, too, faith by itself, without works, is dead. 18  Nevertheless, someone will say: “You have faith, and I have works. Show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.” 19  You believe that there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder. 20  But do you care to know, O empty man, that faith without works is useless? 21  Was not Abraham our father declared righteous by works after he offered up Isaac his son on the altar? 22  You see that his faith was active along with his works and his faith was perfected by his works, 23  and the scripture was fulfilled that says: “Abraham put faith in Jehovah,* and it was counted to him as righteousness,” and he came to be called Jehovah’s friend. 24  You see that a man is to be declared righteous by works and not by faith alone. 25  In the same manner, was not Rahab the prostitute also declared righteous by works after she received the messengers hospitably and sent them out by another way? 26  Indeed, just as the body without spirit* is dead, so also faith without works is dead

It isn't one or the other. It's both. James speaks of it as 'works of activity'. 

I AGREE man is undeserving of the gift. If he were it wouldn't be a gift....it would be wages.

The tripping point for many who reject Gods commandments is the mistaken belief that he expects 'perfection' in their execution. Paul clearly makes the point such is not the case in Romans chapter 5 but that said he also makes it clear than sin is not an excuse to disregard or mock God either.

Heb. 10:26-31

26 For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, 27  but there is a certain fearful expectation of judgment and a burning indignation that is going to consume those in opposition. 28  Anyone who has disregarded the Law of Moses dies without compassion on the testimony of two or three. 29  How much greater punishment do you think a person will deserve who has trampled on the Son of God and who has regarded as of ordinary value the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and who has outraged the spirit of undeserved kindness with contempt?  30  For we know the One who said: “Vengeance is mine; I will repay.” And again: “Jehovah* will judge his people.” 31  It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Well, what is the opposite of 'practicing sin'? Practicing righteousness? Yes! Righteousness. The sacrifice covers our inability to practice perfectly. We sill have to try. 

Anyway James if you want to continue this let's do it by email or PM's. If not...it's okay....

7 hours ago, KARNUT said:

I’m happy for family that you survived. Back in big Es day he pretty much did what he wanted. I’m remember the interview with Simpson himself saying he was good friends with big E. He pointed out that he told Earnhardt that he was improperly installing the harness limiting the effectiveness of the harness. Earnhardt was more interested in comfort. He was also one of the few left wearing the open face helmet. Simpson gave the interview because he was facing death threats. After that NASCAR became more involved in safety and many new rules were implemented.

So what was all the hubbub about over the Hans Device then? Greed meeting opportunity? You can never get a straight story from the media. Glad you brought this up. I don't mind being wrong when I am. :D

12 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

That came after, as a result of. Earnhardt was fearless, it could have never happened to me.

Me either and he was fearless! I couldn't believe some of the stunts he pulled to make a pass on the last lap. I wonder how many Earnhardt driving rules there are in place. :lol:

Me either and he was fearless! I couldn't believe some of the stunts he pulled to make a pass on the last lap. I wonder how many Earnhardt driving rules there are in place. :lol:

Passing below the white line at Daytona and Talladega rule, I believe we’re the results of his famous pass in the grass. Kyle, Kurt, and Kyle Larson have car control like Earnhardt maybe Kevin Harvick. Of course that’s my humble opinion.

26 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Passing below the white line at Daytona and Talladega rule, I believe we’re the results of his famous pass in the grass. Kyle, Kurt, and Kyle Larson have car control like Earnhardt maybe Kevin Harvick. Of course that’s my humble opinion.

How about his 'tap the inside of the drivers side rear fender' to send a guy to the wall trick? Bump drafting?  Tell ya the truth Stan I don't even watch NASCAR any more. Sort of lost interest after Mark Martin retired. Last of a great bunch of racers and a racing style I could relate to.

I use to love Talladega before restrictor plates. If there was one race a year I just wouldn't miss it was that one. Now we have segmented races with multiple winners? A points system that seems to reward almost good enough as much as the winner.

Don't relate to the cars either. These use to be full size sedans not rear wheel drive versions of front wheel drive compact cars. Best times were when Pontiac, Olds and even Buick were still in the mix. And who let Toyota purpose build a V8 for a Camry no one can actually buy? STOCK CARS BOYS :loser:

How about his 'tap the inside of the drivers side rear fender' to send a guy to the wall trick? Bump drafting?  Tell ya the truth Stan I don't even watch NASCAR any more. Sort of lost interest after Mark Martin retired. Last of a great bunch of racers and a racing style I could relate to.

I use to love Talladega before restrictor plates. If there was one race a year I just wouldn't miss it was that one. Now we have segmented races with multiple winners? A points system that seems to reward almost good enough as much as the winner.

Don't relate to the cars either. These use to be full size sedans not rear wheel drive versions of front wheel drive compact cars. Best times were when Pontiac, Olds and even Buick were still in the mix. And who let Toyota purpose build a V8 for a Camry no one can actually buy? STOCK CARS BOYS :loser:

It’s gets awful hot here in the summer to do much outside, so after holy rolling I spend the afternoon flipping between nascar and the astros. The good old days is true in nascar.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, KARNUT said:

It’s gets awful hot here in the summer to do much outside, so after holy rolling I spend the afternoon flipping between nascar and the astros. The good old days is true in nascar.

I know something of Texas heat as it was one of my stops while refining. I feel for you.