2018 Crew Cab Z71 LT (first lifted truck build)

CovetedStyle

28 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

If I did that I'd use Stainless steel. Salt don't like chrome in Minnesota. Cali and Texas you guys have it easy.
Here's what I did Frankie.
I cut a piece of scrap stainless steel and glued it in with some clear silicone, just to add a little something. I might do the rest of the cutouts not sure.6674bb15947ab8dbf30980247c3bb730.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Loooks good broI might have to see what I can do before it get installed 

18 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

If I did that I'd use Stainless steel. Salt don't like chrome in Minnesota. Cali and Texas you guys have it easy.
Here's what I did Frankie.
I cut a piece of scrap stainless steel and glued it in with some clear silicone, just to add a little something. I might do the rest of the cutouts not sure.6674bb15947ab8dbf30980247c3bb730.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I always like what you did with this brother.. it’s a simple addition but makes it very unique and eye catching in itself!  

On 5/2/2019 at 3:20 AM, CovetedStyle said:

Nice day out with my mini me

8DB3070C-F02C-4194-A866-0D223E5183DE.jpeg

Where’d you get the lifted powerwheel truck, is it custom lifted? I need this for my daughter .

Truck looks amazing. I can’t imagine all the attention and compliments you get.  People chase me down and try to find me in restaurants after seeing mine in the parking lot just to say how much they like it or how good it looks. And mine has nothing on yours, so I can’t imagine what it’s like on your end. ? And I do not envy you having to polish all of that chrome and keeping everything underneath clean. I hated how often I had to polish my forces that’s the whole reason I went to brushed this go around. Good luck with all of that ? 

Edited by Puffer4tw

57 minutes ago, Puffer4tw said:

Where’d you get the lifted powerwheel truck, is it custom lifted? I need this for my daughter .

Truck looks amazing. I can’t imagine all the attention and compliments you get.  People chase me down and try to find me in restaurants after seeing mine in the parking lot just to say how much they like it or how good it looks. And mine has nothing on yours, so I can’t imagine what it’s like on your end. ? And I do not envy you having to polish all of that chrome and keeping everything underneath clean. I hated how often I had to polish my forces that’s the whole reason I went to brushed this go around. Good luck with all of that ? 

Yah her truck is something custom I built my friend. And thank you I appreciate it very much. As far as being out in public goes I do get a compliment from time to time but most people just stare at me lol.. I get a lot of people pointing and grabbing their significant other and pointing but the looks on their face are not very complementary it’s more like what the hell is that. Haha I Live in a town with a population just over 120,000 with a significant portion of that population being farmers and landowners in northern California . And there might be one or two other lifted trucks that have anything more done than just a lift and wheels put on them. So this style of truck is not something that is really sought after around here. There is one other guy in town that has a good amount of powder coated components under his truck and he’s on some 24’s and I don’t know him personally but we actually ran into each other at a store the other day and kind of had this same conversation. In the end you just got a build what you enjoy and not do it for other peoples acknowledgment as long as you’re into your vehicle and put some effort into it I support it 100%.

Edited by CovetedStyle

Yeah I feel you. Back in Houston where I’m from our style is a lot more accepted. But I’m stationed in DC right now, people either love it or hate it. I’ve gotten some of the looks you’re talking about also. ? Once I get back to Texas I’m planning on getting a 2500 and going more your route. With my 1500 Im keeping it relatively simple. I still have to color match bumpers/grill/mirrors and change the interior/sound, but then I’m done with this one.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 2:36 PM, Puffer4tw said:

Yeah I feel you. Back in Houston where I’m from our style is a lot more accepted. But I’m stationed in DC right now, people either love it or hate it. I’ve gotten some of the looks you’re talking about also. ? Once I get back to Texas I’m planning on getting a 2500 and going more your route. With my 1500 Im keeping it relatively simple. I still have to color match bumpers/grill/mirrors and change the interior/sound, but then I’m done with this one.

Stay safe out there my friend and thank you for your service!

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my floater caps finished.. Brandon coated these also then I had to clean them up a bit sanding lines clean and then polished centers and housing. They are a trip when the trucks rolling and they aren’t! 

EDCB8775-5B72-4792-BD29-17B62F778FB2.jpeg

• Like 2