Well, I'm disappointed if these numbers are right.

Daly

10 hours ago, newdude said:

Remember, the trucks are up to 400lbs lighter now too.  If you keep the power the same, the weight loss and added gears will add performance. 

This is very true. The trucks will feel a lot quicker due to their new diet. I just wish you could get 3.42's in the Denali. They're the perfect gear ratio for the 6.2, balancing out MPG and power imo. My current 14 has a 3.42 and I love it.

Not throwing shade, as I've been GM my whole life, but it rubs me the wrong way when you can build a Ram or Ford with a selection of gear ratios & other options in any trim level. I wish GM let it's customers personalize there trucks a bit more.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nanotech Environmental said:

Several factors at play. The 86's weren't actually faster & apples to apples were slower by a bit. I had an 87, bought new. The biggest issue with stock tires was getting them to hook up consistently. They'd usually be fine just off the line, even with a full launch, but once the turbo fully spooled, the tires were toast. Put both cars apples to apples, in pure stock form, stock factory tune,  stock boost profile, same weights, same fuel, on the same drag slicks, same time, same track & the 87 will prevail 9 times out of 10. 
These were some of the first cars that the techies could mess with the tuning profiles via computer & they did. Back then, if the person knew how, they could keep the car looking bone stock, but easily up the boost by 3-5lbs and improve the fuel map, getting an extra 50+ hp. Even 20-30 hp is all you need to fool and mess with people at the strip. 

I had five of these and raced them across country back then.  My '86 ran 13s stock while my '87s turned 14s stock.  Eagle GTs were terrible for traction but BFG Radial T/As allowed 1.7X 60-foot times at the track.  My '86 was completely stock appearing, right down to the air cleaner and ran 12.30s @ 109 mph on radials and pump gas and easily turned 11.70s in race trim.  Very few could compete with us on the street, even drag bikes.  Now back to regularly scheduled programming...

Why wouldn’t they be right? I assure you they are correct. Plain as day in the order guide. 

Enjoy your shallow words in a few weeks when the actual numbers hit. Wow man, you will believe anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, AgDoctor said:

Enjoy your shallow words in a few weeks when the actual numbers hit. Wow man, you will believe anything.

Ok everyone let it be known that these numbers aren’t correct and the order guide is wrong. Lol. I’ll eat crow if I’m wrong and be the first one to admit it and you do the same.  Hey I hope you are right. And if you are correct the numbers won’t drastically change anyway. 

Makes no difference to me if the Silverado 1500 'trail boss' makes 800 hp and 1000 ft lbs, gets 50 mpg, comes stock with a 6 inch lift and 35's, and only costs $25K; it's so damned ugly I wouldn't drive it if you gave it to me!

• Haha 1

The last truck I owned was a 2006 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L

That engine at the time was rated at 295 Hp and 330 Lb of torque.

I thought IT was peppy at the time!

My '14 Sierra 5.3 on E85 is capable of spinning the back tires on takeoff and leaves butterflies in the stomach as a result.

I will gladly take my current 5.3L over the previous any day. Sure, a 6.2 would be even more fun, but im comparing the 5.3 of yesterday and today.

With the reduced weight the current 6.2L and 5.3L in the 2019's will feel even better.

2 hours ago, MaverickZ71 said:

Makes no difference to me if the Silverado 1500 'trail boss' makes 800 hp and 1000 ft lbs, gets 50 mpg, comes stock with a 6 inch lift and 35's, and only costs $25K; it's so damned ugly I wouldn't drive it if you gave it to me!

Image conscious much? So basically you are saying to heck with all the important truck stuff like beefed up axles, improved drive-trains, reliability, towing and hauling capacities that people who actually use and need a truck care about; if you don't look cool at the local Starbucks you're not buying?

Tyler

See update from today. 

Important post here guys. GM pulled the HP and TQ numbers from the fleet site. So either the numbers were released too early or are in correct. Personally I’ll side on incorrect since GM kept posting the incorrect overall length numbers for a month before fixing it lol.

Everyone assumes that people will be able to tune these..... won't surprise me if it goes the way of the L5P...... so how is that diesel tuning going for you lol.

L5P tuning will be available in the coming months. A Research company found a back door. According to them it will require custom firmware and a ECM swap.

The are calling the L86 an L87 now, so there has been an update with the motor. Most likely due to lifter issues we have been hearing about. When you change internal parts, sometimes your power numbers reflect that. Maybe they borrowed parts from LT1 or changed the intake to the LT1 as the truck motor historically made less hp, but had more torque than the LT versions destined for the Vette and Camaro?

Either way, GM is at the bottom of the list for power again. I would love to see a version of Cadillac's new DOHC TT 4.5L V8, or put an LT4 option box on build sheet of the LTZ/SLT/Denali trims for an extra $8-10k, at least guys would have some sort of performance truck offering from GM. I would rather a plane-Jane All Terrain with an LT4 than a Chevrolet version Raptor with a 5.3L or 6.2L.

3 hours ago, crafferty said:

Important post here guys. GM pulled the HP and TQ numbers from the fleet site. So either the numbers were released too early or are in correct. Personally I’ll side on incorrect since GM kept posting the incorrect overall length numbers for a month before fixing it lol.

L5P tuning will be available in the coming months. A Research company found a back door. According to them it will require custom firmware and a ECM swap.

Thats not really much of a solution... and if GM gets their way they will make sure to shut them down promptly.  The paramount to this rubbish isn't if someone can physically crack the coding.... somebody coded it.. it can be decoded.  It's the legal liability standpoint of selling and marketing a product that does it that's becoming the issue.  

Edited by SierraHD17

2 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

Image conscious much? So basically you are saying to heck with all the important truck stuff like beefed up axles, improved drive-trains, reliability, towing and hauling capacities that people who actually use and need a truck care about; if you don't look cool at the local Starbucks you're not buying?

Tyler

Nope.  I just know what I like.  And the new ‘19 Silverado has been beat to death with an ugly stick. I’ve been a GM fan for life, but am tired of each new GM model for the last 2-3 years (including the new Camaro) coming out looking worse than the previous editions.  All they are doing is driving sales to Ford and FCA.  Like Red West said to Patrick Swayze in Roadhouse, “Son, don’t ever marry an ugly woman—it’ll just suck the life right out of ya!”  

Oh yeah, I don’t drink Starbucks or any of those other foo foo or energy drinks.  Just the black coffee that built America.  Thanks for asking.  

3 hours ago, MaverickZ71 said:

Nope.  I just know what I like.  And the new ‘19 Silverado has been beat to death with an ugly stick. I’ve been a GM fan for life, but am tired of each new GM model for the last 2-3 years (including the new Camaro) coming out looking worse than the previous editions.  All they are doing is driving sales to Ford and FCA.  Like Red West said to Patrick Swayze in Roadhouse, “Son, don’t ever marry an ugly woman—it’ll just suck the life right out of ya!”  

Oh yeah, I don’t drink Starbucks or any of those other foo foo or energy drinks.  Just the black coffee that built America.  Thanks for asking.  

Sounds like you don't like the new truck, so why are you posting in the T1xx section?  Just move on.

Personally I think the 2007-2013 1/2 trucks, especially the Chevy's, were the worst trucks GM ever made.  Cheaply made and ugly.  The Sierras were a bit better looking but the 1/2 ton Chevy's were awful.  You don't see me trolling the GMT900 section.

The 2019 Silverado in beautiful.  It's perfect, inside and out.  Don't know about the mechanicals yet though. I doubt you've even seen one in person.  I saw the silver/metal colored LTZ and the red Trailboss and it was absolutely fantastic.  Can't wait to buy one.

• Like 2