2015 OEM inverter installed

My 2015 Silverado didn’t originally come with the center console 110v outlet so I added a aftermarket inverter and tapped into the outlet and it worked for a few months but I had to press a button to turn it on every time so I got tired of it.

I was able to get a hold of an IP harness with the inverter and wires so I stripped down to 3 wires the inverter needed to function as factory and I was able to successfully install it. Thanks to Pgamboa for helping figure out where exactly land the 3 wires needed. Here’s a picture of it working.

I know that a lot of people don’t use it or hated cause it’s not enough to charge something, in my case the fact that charges exactly what I need to charge and it’s wired as factory it works for me. In case someone might be wondering if you can do it... YES you can!!

IMG_1027.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

What did you splice this into. I need one 

We (he) landed it on the factory locations. Fuse Panel Right (X51R) and Fuse Panel Left (X51L)

How hard was it to install the inverter? Mine went out.

2015 z71 silverado

Not hard to replace it, it’s a bit harder to install it when you don’t have it., I didn’t want to tap into wires.
If you’re replacing just unplug it from it’s harness. Remove 1 7mm nut and replace.

• Like 1

**SOLD**. If anyone is interested in added this Factory OEM Inverter, I have an inverter for sale. It is a Take Off. If you want the inverter only with the bracket and bolt, $80 Shipped. If you want the wiring for it as well, $130. If you want the wiring to go with it, you’ll need to give me a couple of days to separate it from the Instrument Panel Harness. LOL.

• 1 year later...

Hey pgamboa,

From what I can tell you are the go to person for this question.   Where is the OEM inverter located at?  I have searched everywhere online and cannot find a video or picture showing me.  My 110V keeps blowing fuses and I assume it is the inverter.  I have already ordered one but have no idea where it goes so I can replace it.  Thanks in advance for the help. 

On 4/26/2018 at 8:48 PM, pgamboa said:

**SOLD**. If anyone is interested in added this Factory OEM Inverter, I have an inverter for sale. It is a Take Off. If you want the inverter only with the bracket and bolt, $80 Shipped. If you want the wiring for it as well, $130. If you want the wiring to go with it, you’ll need to give me a couple of days to separate it from the Instrument Panel Harness. LOL.