Here's The Nine Ways You'll Be Able To Order Your 2019 Silverado

Zane

2019_Silverado_Ordering01.jpg

Zane Merva

Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com

4/25/2018

Or at least during the start up of production. GM-Trucks.com has learned exclusive details surrounding the production start up of the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado after obtaining pages from the model's "Dealer Ordering Playbook"

Earlier this morning we reported on the start up timing of the 2019 GMC Sierra. The Sierra will only be available in two trim levels at SOP, Denali and SLT.

The Silverado seems to be a different story. Dealers will appear to have a choice of nine pre-configured models to choose from.

The dealer playbook makes a note that..

At launch, we will provide nine specific ordering configurations for the five available trim levels to ensure launch excellence. These configurations align with requests from the Dealer Pilot Order process. Orders outside the nine configurations could result in constraints being added and possible order cancellation. 

2019_Silverado_Ordering02.jpg

The First Five Models Available Are

• LT
  • RST
  • LT Trail Boss
  • LTZ
  • High Country

2019_Silverado_Ordering03.jpg

The Nine Configurations Dealers Should Order Are

1. LT All-Star
  2. LT All-Star Z71
  3. RST All-Star
  4. RST All-Star Z71
  5. LT Trail Boss
  6. LTZ Plus
  7. LTZ Z71
  8. High Country
  9. High Country Deluxe

2019_Silverado_Ordering05.jpg

Standard Equipment For The Five Trims

2019_Silverado_Ordering04.jpg

So what do you think? Do any of those nine configurations sound like something you'd order?

• Like 2

I saw on the internet Sierra At4 that you can option a 6.2L..it doesnt appear this is the case with the LT Trail boss?  I'm on the fence about the trail boss..will have to test drive it and see how the 8spd is and the mileage figures etc.  

Any pricing details?

Edited by Aurora85

Looks like a custom order if you want the max trailering package.  It isn't listed. If it like current production. You can't get the max trailering package with the Z71 package. Hopefully you can configure a little more of what you want.  If not then GM didn't listen to the 7,000 people they interviewed in wanting more flexibility on ordering a truck.  Still stuck getting an upper trim model just to get certain items. 

Also looks like the diesel engine isn't going to be available until late fall if they haven't released any info on it yet.

6 hours ago, pickmeup said:

Noticed it stated hp and torque for 5.3 and it says the same numbers as now. also noticed under exceptions included as you step up the model grades it notes 2 speed transfer case . Are some models not going to have a hi-lo transfer case ?

probably not,  most Tahoes  already have the transfer case with no 4 low. I'm guessing the pickups will be the same way now. 

51 minutes ago, Lilcanadian said:

So I guess the 6.2 won’t be available in RST trim??

No, the 6.2 will be available in LTZ or High Country trim only just like the current trucks.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

Looks like a custom order if you want the max trailering package.  It isn't listed. If it like current production. You can't get the max trailering package with the Z71 package. Hopefully you can configure a little more of what you want.  If not then GM didn't listen to the 7,000 people they interviewed in wanting more flexibility on ordering a truck.  Still stuck getting an upper trim model just to get certain items. 

Also looks like the diesel engine isn't going to be available until late fall if they haven't released any info on it yet.

Nick, you won't be able to get both the NHT max-trailering package and Z71 package together, each package has their own unique shocks and springs,so it makes getting both impossible (Its always been like that since the NHT package came out in '06)

Also I can tell you that the NHT package won't be available at the start of production, nor will the 3.0 diesel engine.

14 minutes ago, MS3DALE said:

Nick, you won't be able to get both the NHT max-trailering package and Z71 package together, each package has their own unique shocks and springs,so it makes getting both impossible (Its always been like that since the NHT package came out in '06)

Also I can tell you that the NHT package won't be available at the start of production, nor will the 3.0 diesel engine.

One would think that GM would at least get the diesel out sooner than later since Ram and Ford will have and have theirs out.

1 hour ago, MS3DALE said:

No, the 6.2 will be available in LTZ or High Country trim only just like the current trucks.

Well I guess because the Tahoe RST can get the 6.2 I thought the Silverado RST might have a chance of getting it too, that’s too bad.

• Like 1

Make mine an RST I guess... Maybe an LTZ I dunno... Won't be buying a 19 anyways... Probably hold off for a 2021... 40k miles on my 2016 now and if I keep putting 25k a year on it I'll probably try to trade in before 150k miles rolls around...

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:13 PM, Zane said:

2019_Silverado_Ordering01.jpg

Zane Merva

Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com

4/25/2018

Or at least during the start up of production. GM-Trucks.com has learned exclusive details surrounding the production start up of the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado after obtaining pages from the model's "Dealer Ordering Playbook"

Earlier this morning we reported on the start up timing of the 2019 GMC Sierra. The Sierra will only be available in two trim levels at SOP, Denali and SLT.

The Silverado seems to be a different story. Dealers will appear to have a choice of nine pre-configured models to choose from.

The dealer playbook makes a note that..

At launch, we will provide nine specific ordering configurations for the five available trim levels to ensure launch excellence. These configurations align with requests from the Dealer Pilot Order process. Orders outside the nine configurations could result in constraints being added and possible order cancellation. 

2019_Silverado_Ordering02.jpg

The First Five Models Available Are

• LT
  • RST
  • LT Trail Boss
  • LTZ
  • High Country

2019_Silverado_Ordering03.jpg

The Nine Configurations Dealers Should Order Are

1. LT All-Star
  2. LT All-Star Z71
  3. RST All-Star
  4. RST All-Star Z71
  5. LT Trail Boss
  6. LTZ Plus
  7. LTZ Z71
  8. High Country
  9. High Country Deluxe

2019_Silverado_Ordering05.jpg

Standard Equipment For The Five Trims

2019_Silverado_Ordering04.jpg

So what do you think? Do any of those nine configurations sound like something you'd order?

Can there be options added to one of the configurations you has chosen? I'm interested in the LT Trailboss all the options listed in the configuration I wanted,  But a sunroof isn't in the configuration shown, But it is option for the lt trailboss on the order guide with optional leather package and convenience II package.

11 hours ago, silveradonationfan15 said:

Can there be options added to one of the configurations you has chosen? I'm interested in the LT Trailboss all the options listed in the configuration I wanted,  But a sunroof isn't in the configuration shown, But it is option for the lt trailboss on the order guide with optional leather package and convenience II package.

From what I can discern, dealers can make orders that are outside of the nine recommended configurations but have been warned they might not be built quickly and/or the order might be outright canceled by GM.