Bring My Old Drag Truck Back To Life

Bottom side is finished in POR 15.   Don't think I'm going to put anything else on top of that.  Don't see the need.

Next up is to epoxy prime the rest of it and do the body work on the sides. 

Bed Bottom Painted.jpg

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 3/23/2021 at 9:34 AM, rosidian said:

Wondering the same thing.

Well, nothing like updating 2 years later, lol. 

Not a lot has happened.  I've been super busy, and it's been sitting. 
However, in the past week I've finished the last of the metal work on the bed side.  
It now only needs to neutralize the Ospho, let it dry, epoxy prime and do the bondo work.  

Have almost pulled the trigger on an engine block a couple of times lately, trying to go with more cubes. 
May end up just buying a Bowtie from the dealer, since I get a good discount and they are actually available. 
I will update again, hopefully soon.

20230327_175743.thumb.jpg.f195533c6adeef63e0d5c2281bd1e569.jpg20230327_182034.thumb.jpg.28ee8c5b118e8fd0af24f1d444999bb5.jpg20230327_200403.thumb.jpg.0638d366304545ea4f6d270ae3844ea6.jpg

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Have had the bed upside down for a good bit now.  Got my youngest committed to and off to college now, and have lots of time to work on it. 
Am making progress, slowly but surely.  It's been hot here, lol. 

All 4 bottom corners had some degree of new pieces welded in.  One had the entire bottom piece.   Doing the filler work on them, will flip and finish it when I have these corners in epoxy.

20230916_195426.jpg

20230805_144930.jpg

20230805_144942.jpg

20230913_200509.jpg

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

I have a small Youtube channel for water leaks and sunroof repairs, and my daughter suggested I do a series on the restoration of the truck.  

So I am.   Here's the first one, kind of a intro to the truck and a bit of the history and current condition. 

Going to add one about the motor, and then do a "catch up" video about the work on the bed, since I've already been going on it for awhile.  
Hope for some real progress on it this year. 

Edited by Pacfanweb

BTW, all 4 bottom bed corners are covered in epoxy and have been for awhile now.   Forgot to update. 

Oh, and got a tall deck Bowtie block for it.  Going to be a 572.  

Edited by Pacfanweb
  • Like 1