RPO lookup tool - no longer available?

I've been away from this site for 18 months or so, and it seems like the RPO codes lookup tool has been removed.  Is that correct?  Can anyone shed some light one this?  I previously found it quite handy.  

I've been away from this site for 18 months or so, and it seems like the RPO codes lookup tool has been removed.  Is that correct?  Can anyone shed some light one this?  I previously found it quite handy.  

I hear you can message GM on their website with your VIN and can get the build sheet along with all the RPO codes installed on your vehicle with explanation. I have not tried this yet but going to this week. Hope this helps.

Delivered via my cellular device using a mobile chat forum thingy.

10 hours ago, TX LIMO said:

I hear you can message GM on their website with your VIN and can get the build sheet along with all the RPO codes installed on your vehicle with explanation. I have not tried this yet but going to this week. Hope this helps.

Yup. Email [email protected]

13 hours ago, ExtraSlow said:

Sent a request to that email address.  Will report back.  

Wow that was fast.  They already sent me the build sheet.  It's basically a list of the RPO codes decoded.  Funny some of them are still blank.  Other decode to slightly different wording than the online ones.  

Only surprise is that the build sheet says I have a locking rear axle, and the online decoder called that one limited slip.  That's two very different things, I will investigate.  

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:30 AM, ExtraSlow said:

Wow that was fast.  They already sent me the build sheet.  It's basically a list of the RPO codes decoded.  Funny some of them are still blank.  Other decode to slightly different wording than the online ones.  

Only surprise is that the build sheet says I have a locking rear axle, and the online decoder called that one limited slip.  That's two very different things, I will investigate.  

G80 is the locking rear differential. 

I sent an email for my build sheet late last night and it was sent to my inbox before lunchtime. That’s pretty quick. Kudos to GM!

On 5/3/2018 at 12:23 PM, newdude said:

G80 is the locking rear differential. 

Yes, it appears references I found to it being "limited slip" were incorrect.  

G80 is code for either option. The type of vehicle determines whether its a limited slip (cars) or a locker (trucks & suv's).  Limited slip is more a performance option that you would find in a Camaro, CTS-V for instance.  Trucks and SUV's use a locking differential because it affords better off-road traction.   The only trucks to ever have a Limited Slip were the Quadrasteer models with Dana axle.  

The RPO codes are dependent on the model of the vehicle and not the same throughout GM. Also, the can have different meaning in different years. Its not one size fits all.   Also, option codes listed that cannot be deciphered are usually component broadcast codes used in assembly and have no meaning outside of ID'ding component for assembly purposes.  

We refer to the option code list as a build sheet, the assembly plant calls it a Broadcast Sheet.  Meaning the build of the vehicle is broadcast to the assembly plant and all suppliers instructing them on what components are required for the vehicle build and to sequence them for production. 

Edited by elcamino