couple quick audio (loc) questions

just wanting some last minute clarification before i try and get some wiring done tomorow. ive already ran 1/0 from front to rear of the truck. got a 16 double cab lt without the bose

now the plan is for a active 2 way setup with 10" sub using a audiocontrol lc2i, so i believe the rear speakers is where i want to tap into, as they are full range. wheres the best spot to do this, at the rear doors, behind the oem headunit or somewhere else?  from the speaker tap ill run a rca from the lc2i to my sub amp and then a set of rca to my 2x4 mini dsp which will then go to my 4 channel amp for the front stage. what would be the best method for tapping into for the lc2i? anything im missing

How do you figure? the chimes come through the front speakers. Not the rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you going to only use the rear signals for a 4 channel amp? For what you described the sound will be horrible and no output amped for front? To amp all 4 speakers you will amp the chime without a chime adjuster in a dsp

Guess it wasn’t written clear enough

Tap into rear speakers for full range signal then to lc2i. It has outputs for sub and main output. Rcas from lc2i will go to sub amp and will be xovered at the sub amp the main output on lc2i will go to a 2x4 mini dsp for processing the 2 way active up front.

• Like 1

I tapped into the rear speakers which I found under the door sills. I can't remember the colors of the wires, but a quick google search will tell you exactly what color to look for. Don't even bother pulling your head unit out, find the acc/remote wire in your door sill as well. I didn't have any issue with the door chimes.. I also used the LC2i.

That’s a whole lot to still not have fade and Balance just to get around the chime. What about your onstar. If you aren’t running signal using front at all you will loose hearing onstar.

With the new dsp metra makes you can keep all of the options.

1 hour ago, Kyleorsini said:

I don’t need balance or fade it’s a 2 way active setup. I think your missing that.

I will be using fade on my 2 way active front stage. Not much but I'll still need it 

• 2 weeks later...

There is a new dsp from metra.

Axxess Ax-dsp

There is also plug n play harnesses for this to work with adjustable chime volume to get full sound.

For 14-up gm without Bose

Model for plug is
Ax-dsp-gmlan09

This dsp allows to maintain factory headunit. And give great preouts for mids/highs and sub, so the current hi/lo you maybe using will get replaced and run everything through the 31 band eq with Bluetooth to connect to phone app to control.

They are stepping up and will allow to lower chimes.

Can’t wait to get this bad boy installed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is a new dsp from metra.

Axxess Ax-dsp

There is also plug n play harnesses for this to work with adjustable chime volume to get full sound.

For 14-up gm without Bose

Model for plug is
Ax-dsp-gmlan09

This dsp allows to maintain factory headunit. And give great preouts for mids/highs and sub, so the current hi/lo you maybe using will get replaced and run everything through the 31 band eq with Bluetooth to connect to phone app to control.

They are stepping up and will allow to lower chimes.

Can’t wait to get this bad boy installed

Ordered this up today actually, looked at the maestro and gm3 solution, which is a fantastic unit itself with all the fancy features you get however spending 500+ on a double din right now isn’t feasible. The axxess is a pretty slick unit

• Like 1

Ordered this up today actually, looked at the maestro and gm3 solution, which is a fantastic unit itself with all the fancy features you get however spending 500+ on a double din right now isn’t feasible. The axxess is a pretty slick unit

Make sure you get proper cable. Check metraonline.com under products. They lay them all out.

But this is the one for 14 plus without prem sound

Just tap in in the B pillars and you'll be fine. I don't remember the colors either but like was said before just google it. 

Personally I don't need a friggin chime to tell me the door is open or my seatbelt isn't buckled.

3 hours ago, Csjumper2003 said:

Make sure you get proper cable. Check metraonline.com under products. They lay them all out.

But this is the one for 14 plus without prem sound

Does the Axxess DSP correct the bass output like the LC2i does? I have an LC2i and the Metra connectors to make a t harness, but the Axxcess setup looks like it is so much less work to install