couple quick audio (loc) questions

37 minutes ago, Csjumper2003 said:

It definitely does fit behind radio. I’m working to figure the extra front speaker wires, what looks like an amp turn on from the oem t harness. Anybody know if these are too be disguarded? If keeping factory radio without factory amp?

If not I’ll prob call metra tomorrow to get it sorted out.

Here are the wires. All others are regular white,gray, purple, and green for speakers.

This damn thing is too new for much info.

d8f127c90ff0b6c801ad97b74f534f12.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If those are standard after market wire colors the orange would be for dimmer, blue and white would be for power antenna etc.  

is the big blue cable a Multiwire for speakers? 

Yeah. These are for t harness. Just verified with keeping oem radio these wires on the t harness shouldn’t be used.

Yeah stinger 9 wire. As you can see it fits nicely actually2588514279a0fe44a1a145a478fa76cc.jpg

Just realized I don’t have fuses for distribution block. Looks like I’m at a stopping point right now but they definitely fit nicely.

• Thanks 1

awesome, this is exactly what I wanted to hear.  

So just to verify,  do you run the speaker wires from the amp back up to the T harness on those cut wires? 

Yeah just like any other aftermarket setup. The t harness gives you speaker wires to do the same as if you used a radio harness to get those for after market deck. And yeah always recommmed spending a few bucks on the stinger speedwire. When this came out I use it for all my installs now. 2f1700fd2dcc5111b89c4bc8de52443b.jpg

The speed wire is awesome.  

I'm glad I found this thread,  I was getting ready to do an install with the LC2i and a custom T harness using the Metra connectors and some speed wire, I just had no Idea where to mount the LC2i in my regular cab.  This is going to be so much easier, and the DSP has so many other features like time alignment and stuff that I would normally have with an aftermarket radio.  

Too bad  I already bought the other stuff though.  haha

Ok just got off phone with metra. So harness is new and website doesn’t even show it for this truck yet. Verified exactly what I needed with tech support.

On the t harness there are 2 sets of cut wires. One side is just speaker wires. The other is for if you were adding this unit to an aftermarket deck. These are the items you would need to retain chime and other features. These are disguarded by keeping factory deck. Cap all of these

af59ca7340c20e813a5c7919bb9a4e27.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Csjumper2003 said:

Ok just got off phone with metra. So harness is new and website doesn’t even show it for this truck yet. Verified exactly what I needed with tech support.

On the t harness there are 2 sets of cut wires. One side is just speaker wires. The other is for if you were adding this unit to an aftermarket deck. These are the items you would need to retain chime and other features. These are disguarded by keeping factory deck. Cap all of these

af59ca7340c20e813a5c7919bb9a4e27.jpg

so how to you go from the amp to the speakers? Do you tap into the other cut speaker wires? 

Ok... just so I understand this.. LOL.

- AX-DSP
- GMLAN09 Harness

Factory Head Unit
Non-BOSE
Aftermarket Amp/Sub
Aftermarket Amp/Door Speakers

- AX-DSP
- GMLAN09 Harness

Factory Head Unit
Non-BOSE
Aftermarket Amp/Sub

And 14-15 Sierra for sure. I think it’s actually 14-18 I just only know 100% for the 14-15

• Like 1

And 14-15 Sierra for sure. I think it’s actually 14-18 I just only know 100% for the 14-15

I’ve looked at the radio schematics several times over. Lol. Especially the radio module. I don’t see any differences that would make me think it wouldn’t fit. I guess I need to give this a shot and get my audio install done finally. Lol. Thanks for all the info. Please keep us posted how this goes for ya.

Ok all installed.

When you hook it up and sub doesn’t work you will need to switch to use front and rear. You will know what I mean when you look at the the app. If you use oem radio you will need this to get sub signal. Other option is only for aftermarket radios.

I took a small piece of electrical tape and made sure all rcas stay tight together.

Make sure before you connect the remote wire connect the ax dsp and turn the chime down. You will regret if you don’t. In order to save settings make sure to lock it down in config area.

My Hertz HCX 6x9s and Hertz HCX 6.5s have come alive.

I will say the sub channel signal was double what it used to be for sensitivity as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/14/2018 at 8:34 PM, pgamboa said:

- AX-DSP
- GMLAN09 Harness

Factory Head Unit
Non-BOSE
Aftermarket Amp/Sub

Looks like for the harness it should be a GMLAN10 for 2016 trucks and up

• Like 1

Ok so got installed and been testing it out. So far I found 1 item that was acting up.

Seems that if you vehicle specific your truck, it taps into the canbus data and acts a little funny.

What I mean by this when you play music and hit your turnsignal or another chime It cuts off sound and mutes where a chime would be.

The fix for this is to make the specific vehicle generic and not your actual vehicle. This will allow chime to be normal level not lower like it was but will allow the Audio to play no matter what like oem did.

• Like 2