couple quick audio (loc) questions

Looks like for the harness it should be a GMLAN10 for 2016 trucks and up

Looking at the connector colors on GMLAN10, that may be the harness for the IOB radios. I have IO6 and 8” display. GMLAN09 looks to be what I need. I made my own T-Harness prior but obviously, the DSP is needed.

1c90ffe4c55858d9138efe13742eb371.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Looking at the connector colors on GMLAN10, that may be the harness for the IOB radios. I have IO6 and 8” display. GMLAN09 looks to be what I need. I made my own T-Harness prior but obviously, the DSP is needed.

1c90ffe4c55858d9138efe13742eb371.jpg

Yeah connectors for yours look gmlan09. Not sure the diff with the 10 but def different.

• Like 1

Yeah connectors for yours look gmlan09. Not sure the diff with the 10 but def different.

Yep. The GMLAN10 has brown connectors for the IOB radio.

• Like 1

Have any of you checked to see if your systems have an OEM amp that is located by the emergency brake on the driver side ? 

If you do have this amp than the LC2i is doing nothing for you. Yes you get the low lever signal to add an amp but the way the gm M.O.S.T system works as you go higher on you volume it changes the equalizer to protect the cheap speakers so the best way to do it is to buy the rockford/maestro DSR1 and install it at the head unit then u will get all 6 channels out by RCA to your amp or amps and you get to set your equalizer and speaker set up all over bluetooth no other crap to mess with..there is a facebook page called LLJ Customs they make the T harness that just plugs and play 

Edited by Campoz Luis
  • Like 1

Have any of you checked to see if your systems have an OEM amp that is located by the emergency brake on the driver side ? 

If you do have this amp than the LC2i is doing nothing for you. Yes you get the low lever signal to add an amp but the way the gm M.O.S.T system works as you go higher on you volume it changes the equalizer to protect the cheap speakers so the best way to do it is to buy the rockford/maestro DSR1 and install it at the head unit then u will get all 6 channels out by RCA to your amp or amps and you get to set your equalizer and speaker set up all over bluetooth no other crap to mess with..there is a facebook page called LLJ Customs they make the T harness that just plugs and play 

The Axxess AX-DSP seems to do the same thing as the Maestra.

• Like 2

Ok - I temp installed the AX-DSP and PnP T-Harness (GMLAN09). Much easier than I was overthinking it to be. You essentially unplug the green and gray plugs from the radio module and plug the T-Harness in between. The 4 pairs of speaker wires are where to land the outputs from the amp, and that feeds I tot he Factory wiring for the door speakers. The RCA plugs from the T-Harness are the low level signal outputs from the DSP. These go in the inputs of the amps. There is a dedicated subwoofer output.

A few things - in the configuration of the DSP (via the app), If I select “General” for the vehicle type like@Csjumper2003 said, I get blaring loud chimes. If I select 2014 - 2018 Silverado - 1500, I get the ability to adjust chimes and get them to normalize, but like@Csjumper2003 said, when a chime is invoked, the left front speaker lowers the audio so that you can hear chime. I had all of 45 Minutes to give this a go. I will continue this over the weekend.

472b3c414a06fceb24f65c59592237c7.jpg

• Like 1

Ok - I temp installed the AX-DSP and PnP T-Harness (GMLAN09). Much easier than I was overthinking it to be. You essentially unplug the green and gray plugs from the radio module and plug the T-Harness in between. The 4 pairs of speaker wires are where to land the outputs from the amp, and that feeds I tot he Factory wiring for the door speakers. The RCA plugs from the T-Harness are the low level signal outputs from the DSP. These go in the inputs of the amps. There is a dedicated subwoofer output.

A few things - in the configuration of the DSP (via the app), If I select “General” for the vehicle type like[mention=152966]Csjumper2003[/mention] said, I get blaring loud chimes. If I select 2014 - 2018 Silverado - 1500, I get the ability to adjust chimes and get them to normalize, but like[mention=152966]Csjumper2003[/mention] said, when a chime is invoked, the left front speaker lowers the audio so that you can hear chime. I had all of 45 Minutes to give this a go. I will continue this over the weekend.

472b3c414a06fceb24f65c59592237c7.jpg

What I did first was owner the chime with 14-18 setting. Once I set that and lowered the chime, when I went back to general the chime was back to normal level but not as quiet as before when I could adjust the chime. That might be your fix at least worked for me. Chime level for me seems to stay at the factory level when I did this and even amped now the chime didn’t go crazy like first. Also if 4 channel amp is super turned up it won’t give you a ton of room to adjust the chime.

Good to see a couple of you installed this already and have feedback. With my weekends being devoted to camping at my seasonal site I don’t get a lot of time to install. So planning on picking away at it when I can while camping

Question regarding the dsp and harness, if I hooked it all up this weekend and ran my rcas from behind dash to the rear but didn’t hook it up to anything as I don’t have amps installed yet will I still get sound from the oem speakers?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Csjumper2003 said:

I wouldn’t plug in the rcas. If you plug them into dsp and they are live. So will signal and would be bouncing around . And risk messing up rcas.

it would be no different than having the rca ports on the DSP with no connectors in them.  just tape up the ends that aren't being used to insulate them and he should be fine.  

I have a 2017 I06 w/ 8in screen no amp and metra keeps telling me I need this one AX-DSP-MOST1.  I've been going back a forth with them for I dont think I have an amp in my truck for it is a UQ3,  The UQA and UQG and amps in them.

I'm running a audiocontrol dq-61 but am thinking of switching to a JL FIX and TWKd8 if I cant get the axxess dsp to work, but it sounds like there is issues with teh chiming which is really the only reason i want the DSP.

Thanks Guys!.

They told me that most people do not know much about these harnesses. Make sure when you call metra that you speak with tech support. They seem to know the most.

Non amped should not need the most1. The most1 was really the only thing avail for a year. Hope that helps

The chime issue ? Oh meaning the cut back? I just pulled the signal from the right side over and powered that top speaker. Chime isn’t bad now but would be nice if metra fixes this issue but at general and good preouts I can make due. I’m sure there will be a firm ware update to fix at some point. Remember some of there people still don’t know much about these harnesses that’s how new they are