Posted (edited)

Hi folks. I'm looking for advice for my 2017 1500 Double cab Silverado LT with 5.3 6 Spd. I need to back up my 25 ft. 7000 lb. camper up a fairly steep but short driveway. I'm wondering if I should use 4WD low gear reverse to help with this or just keep it in 2WD?  Any thoughts or advice is appreciated! 

-Luther

Edited by Lison

Is your driveway paved? If so I feel like the turning in 4LO would put unnecessary stress on the driveline but I could be wrong. 

Posted (edited)

Yes, Road is paved and driveway is concrete. I need to make a 90 degree turn on the drivers side to go up the driveway and then a 90 degree to the passenger side into the parking spot. I've got a little room to round out those corners.

Edited by Lison

Just keep it in 2wd, should have enough traction with the additional tonque weight.

last thing you want to do is put the truck in 4wd while towing on a paved surface and make a 90 degree turn.

4 auto would be ok if you have it

I wouldn't think so.  I agree that the additional tongue weight would help you.  And turning in 4lo would be a bear.  

4 low or hi is not good for any turning on pavement , auto would be fine but, 2hi will be fine on pavement, you should have the g80 locking rear end I would think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk