New OnStar Plans (including extending Basic after free trial)

I just figured out that starting May 1st they changed the plan. My sales guy said they extended the basic plan from 5 to 10 years but failed to mention that they took out the smartphone remote app feature. I liked that feature and thought of it as added value to the vehicle purchase. Very disappointing. 

17 hours ago, Dnt said:

I just figured out that starting May 1st they changed the plan. My sales guy said they extended the basic plan from 5 to 10 years but failed to mention that they took out the smartphone remote app feature. I liked that feature and thought of it as added value to the vehicle purchase. Very disappointing. 

That sucks.  What is included in the "basic plan?"  Just the diagnostics?  

21 hours ago, 15slvrDbl said:

The basic no longer includes the Chevy app remote access like my 15’. It shut off over the weekend. 

Mine still works on my 2015 .....

I really hope they offer something for ~ $5/month to get the app, it may take time but its possible if subscribers don't jump onto the  $150/ year for the app. I am upset that I traded up from a '15 and basically lose the app functionality but can't argue that this likely is needed to make money on their side.

I heard someone at the dealership say they plan to pay  $14.99 in the winter months because here in MN its a big deal to have this. I imagine the cancellation process in the spring will be equivalent to Comcast/XM/AOL...

We lost the remote app with the 2018 but man what about that new larger sun-glass holder door LOL you can fit some billy joels in here now.....
Larger sun glasses holder? So they listened to me! When I first got the truck that was my complaint to them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On 6/10/2018 at 6:34 PM, 15slvrDbl said:

The basic no longer includes the Chevy app remote access like my 15’. It shut off over the weekend. 

the key fob app still works here  ! Did you update the software the app changed last weekend but if you take the update it works again , my basic expires 2022

10 hours ago, Artie61 said:

the key fob app still works here  ! Did you update the software the app changed last weekend but if you take the update it works again , my basic expires 2022

And you have an 18’ buught after may of this year?

On 6/13/2018 at 10:27 PM, Dnt said:

We lost the remote app with the 2018 but man what about that new larger sun-glass holder door LOL you can fit some billy joels in here now.....

There are some other threads talking about this.  The piece should change out easily we just need to get the correct part number for the 2018 overhead console (they come in 2 colors and various button configurations).  Unfortunately you need to buy the entire console which is almost $300 !!

On 6/17/2018 at 6:47 PM, 15slvrDbl said:

Yes your 15’ will still work it’s on my 18’ they only give you a month free for the app

Okay I misread your posts.  Based on your username and info I didn't know you changed from the '15 to an '18.

• Like 1

The technology is fantastic for just $150.00 per year.  It can save your life !   That is pretty cheap insurance.

If you are disabled and have an assisted device installed, you get the full package for free, two years coverage.

The truck has to be brand new and devices installed, within 90 days of purchase.   GM will also reimburse up to $1000.00, towards the cost of the installed devices.