Dealership damaged my truck update

Started the week off having my transmission flushed to remedy the torque converter shudder on Monday. Wednesday I notice that it’s leaking ATF and have to take it back because the o rings are bad on the cooler lines. I get it back Friday and notice when I am washing it off that someone has rubbed in to it.  It only could of happened at the dealer lot because where I’ve been since I got it back, there’s zero chance of it being hit. I’m so freaking upset now. Looks like it will be getting a new bumper.

877994BE-A7CF-47AD-B18B-F73BE8377BFF.jpeg

Wow I'd pissed I find I took my truck to the dealer for a simple service and they not only screwed it up, but the thing got damaged there?! 

I really hate hate letting people work on my vehicles, I'll do all the work myself if I can. I just don't trust mass production shops (dealers)...they're busy, they don't care, they're tryi to get it in and out as fast as they can. That's just the way it is - time is money - can't say I really blame the guys working there...they're hustling trying to make a living. Sucks though. 

Ive given it serious thought to skip the two "free oil changes" that came with my truck when I bought. I just don't trust these places...what type of oil they use, etc. I work I need the industry, I see first hand what goes on sometimes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Doublebase said:

Wow I'd pissed I find I took my truck to the dealer for a simple service and they not only screwed it up, but the thing got damaged there?! 

I really hate hate letting people work on my vehicles, I'll do all the work myself if I can. I just don't trust mass production shops (dealers)...they're busy, they don't care, they're tryi to get it in and out as fast as they can. That's just the way it is - time is money - can't say I really blame the guys working there...they're hustling trying to make a living. Sucks though. 

Ive given it serious thought to skip the two "free oil changes" that came with my truck when I bought. I just don't trust these places...what type of oil they use, etc. I work I need the industry, I see first hand what goes on sometimes.

That is exactly my thoughts. Always before unless it was something like an alignment or exhaust shop I did it myself. This is my first real dealership experience and so far it has been unpleasant. Try to treat myself to something nice and buy a 2 year old truck with a warranty and so far it’s been all hell. On a side note, I’m returning to the dealership tomorrow. Also, my slightest doubts that I did it are gone as I discovered a red fiber from a towel in the paint scuff so I know it was there when they washed it at the dealership 

Edited by DTB

Took mine to the dealer for a headlight housing replacement. Came home with more damage than you can believe! Even had a screw driver under the hood , closed mind you ,so the hood was sprung!!! Hell those Bums cant fix there underwear.  Never again

On 4/28/2018 at 6:45 PM, DTB said:

Started the week off having my transmission flushed to remedy the torque converter shudder on Monday. Wednesday I notice that it’s leaking ATF and have to take it back because the o rings are bad on the cooler lines. I get it back Friday and notice when I am washing it off that someone has rubbed in to it.  It only could of happened at the dealer lot because where I’ve been since I got it back, there’s zero chance of it being hit. I’m so freaking upset now. Looks like it will be getting a new bumper.

877994BE-A7CF-47AD-B18B-F73BE8377BFF.jpeg

That sucks. I had my wheel get a real deep scratch in it at dealer. I got home after a oil change and saw it. Called them up and took it right back, got in a big argument with service manager. Of course they tried to say they did not do it. We finnaly figured it out it was from the pad on thier lift. They hit it when pulling truck in. Don't let them try and say they did not do it. 

Some of you may of seen my post the other day about my truck being damaged. I picked the truck up from the dealership Friday night and Saturday I noticed the front bumper smashed up. I returned to the dealership Monday. The mechanic who happens to be related to me said there was no damage to the truck when he serviced it. The Service Manager then gave me the story on how it probably was hit in the parking lot the night it was finished and that they were not responsible because it is a public lot. I asked to see the cameras but they claim they do not work on that side of the building. I then told them how I found a red fiber from a shop towel or something in the paint chip and they gave me the spill on how they don’t use those towels. So we proceeded over to the wash bay side where my truck was detailed afterwards and the guy who washed the truck kind of stumbles by in to the conversation and says the dent was there when he washed it. Then they got defensive and tried to say the dent must of already been there. My insurance claim is on hold, as I’m hoping to get something out of them before I blow my deductible and raise my rates for a $1800 repair bill. I’ve contacted GM about the lousy dealership but have yet to hear back.  Any advice?

01A5D64A-24DA-4B21-A72E-61D9CAA9125E.jpeg

11 minutes ago, duquephart said:

They've got their story and you've got yours. You lose.

Probably how it goes.  Threaten with the loss of your business.  Not much else you can do.  Maybe GM will help.