Dealership damaged my truck update

23 minutes ago, 2009GMC said:

That explains the high repair cost. I’ll have to see how many air bags are in my 18 SLT besides the obvious (2) steering wheel and front passenger dash mounted air bag.

How’s your truck now? Good as new? Dealer repair or independent body shop?

I’m always torn between a good independent shop and the dealer when it comes to repaint and parts.

Thankfully I haven’t had hardly any accidents aside from minor fender bender / bumper damage, etc.

Dealer did the work and did a terrible job I traded it in for my 2017 , I'll never take my truck to a dealer for body work ever again that's for sure. Plus I didn't wanna pay for a truck I had less than a year and needed that much replaced. I'm to picky lol

• Like 1

Never use the free oil changes, have had way to many problems with dealerships doing bad, bad jobs on simple things. I learned how to work on cars and trucks in my drive way, I'm sure as hell not bringing my truck into these turds for them to learn how to works on things. I don't care what it is, I'll go elsewhere, hope someone in the dealership world order reads all this crap, and realizes what the public thinks of their operational madness. Not even warranty work, I'll do it myself or pay someone that actually cares about the vehicle. NEVER will I bring my truck into the dealer, never.

• Like 1

The dealers I use do a walk around with me before and after. The only problem I ever had with a dealer was fixed after I emailed the manufacturer. Body damage is tough after leaving the dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, grizz_wi said:

Dealer did the work and did a terrible job I traded it in for my 2017 , I'll never take my truck to a dealer for body work ever again that's for sure. Plus I didn't wanna pay for a truck I had less than a year and needed that much replaced. I'm to picky lol

Did you take a hit on trade in due to an accident on Carfax / Auto Check? 

I just had a minor fender bender (bumper took all of the damage) but I’m bothered accident will show on history. 

I’m picky too. You’re not alone LOL

Edited by 2009GMC

9 hours ago, gearheadesw said:

Never use the free oil changes, have had way to many problems with dealerships doing bad, bad jobs on simple things. I learned how to work on cars and trucks in my drive way, I'm sure as hell not bringing my truck into these turds for them to learn how to works on things. I don't care what it is, I'll go elsewhere, hope someone in the dealership world order reads all this crap, and realizes what the public thinks of their operational madness. Not even warranty work, I'll do it myself or pay someone that actually cares about the vehicle. NEVER will I bring my truck into the dealer, never.

Salty are we? Never use the free oil changes? You just throw away a few hundred dollars. You do realize this is just 1 opinion and this doesn't represent the "public" right? I and most people never have an issue, some have such as your self and sours them but that is a small representation. Kind of like the whole shake debacle, probably less than 1% of the actual trucks have an issue just like less than 1% of the people who bring their vehicles in have issues with the dealer.

You are kidding your self if you think another shop actually cares about your vehicle more, it is money to them and that is it...

There are good dealers and bad, there are good dealers with some bad employees and bad dealers with good employees, just luck of the draw but usually comes out on the good side (minus the prices but can't do anything about that). Part of the good of using a dealer (I only do under warranty or with free or cheap service, otherwise I DIY) is it is documented and for sure covered under warranty as they did it.

Tyler

Edited by amxguy1970
  • Like 2

It's unfortunate that we put our trust into dealerships that only care about moving trucks through their shop at a Big profit..

Moving from NorCal and finding quality dealership really helped to regain my trust after damage done to my Tahoe at former shop..

Now with newer 2016 wheels, I still do walk-through at drop-off and pick-up time with service guy..

So,, last November, met up with 200+ buck that ultimately produced $12K in damage..

Dealership body shop was Great as well as Insurance company..

It was weird that air bags did not deploy, but seat belts locked up...

Cheers---K

DeerHit 11-27-2017.jpg

43 minutes ago, vinemann12 said:

It was weird that air bags did not deploy, but seat belts locked up...

DeerHit 11-27-2017.jpg

Impact happened above the airbag sensors which is why bags didnt go off.

Good statement....

Body shop found lose connectors to sensors, when testing system,, air bags deployed at shop.

I did receive notice via OnStar after issue, called shop and they stated "how did you know"..

I love technology...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 2009GMC said:

Did you take a hit on trade in due to an accident on Carfax / Auto Check? 

I just had a minor fender bender (bumper took all of the damage) but I’m bothered accident will show on history. 

I’m picky too. You’re not alone LOL

Yea took a little hit not as bad as I thought to be honest...i got around 4k less than I paid.

9d00ee9b1cac1a8eb406ac56c07cbd93.jpg

This is what happened to me a couple weeks ago, the dumbass took a blind left turn thru traffic and I tboned him, still don’t have it back:(

Hey me too!
955a428750104a2fec5b075e1e3e14bf.jpg

Hey me too!
955a428750104a2fec5b075e1e3e14bf.jpg

Oh geez man, that’s a lot worse than mine. Hope you get fixed up soon, worked out alright for me because I’m having all the chrome replaced with a body color bumper and black grill surround, also doing some Anzo headlights in black, I’ll post a pic when I get it back

• Like 1

Oh geez man, that’s a lot worse than mine. Hope you get fixed up soon, worked out alright for me because I’m having all the chrome replaced with a body color bumper and black grill surround, also doing some Anzo headlights in black, I’ll post a pic when I get it back

It was a write off bent frame. I made money from it the only thing I’m upset about was I wanted to keep my tires

Last day I saw my truck at the towers 9be1721f6d48c20b4efa012f823c990c.jpg

And when I went to get it from the first body shop that said they could fix it853cd55612f008129febfe548942771d.jpga1d138d474ff0ff8ec888ec505dec151.jpg

So that made me pretty mad.

It was a write off bent frame. I made money from it the only thing I’m upset about was I wanted to keep my tires

Last day I saw my truck at the towers 9be1721f6d48c20b4efa012f823c990c.jpg

And when I went to get it from the first body shop that said they could fix it853cd55612f008129febfe548942771d.jpga1d138d474ff0ff8ec888ec505dec151.jpg

So that made me pretty mad.

Damn, that’s unfortunate, I hate careless drivers, I work my ass off to own a nice vehicle, the guy who pulled out in front of me didn’t even care because it was a lease, even though I’m sure they totaled out his car. But he’s probably already driving something new and I’m stuck driving an old beater that I borrowed while my truck is still getting fixed.

Damn, that’s unfortunate, I hate careless drivers, I work my ass off to own a nice vehicle, the guy who pulled out in front of me didn’t even care because it was a lease, even though I’m sure they totaled out his car. But he’s probably already driving something new and I’m stuck driving an old beater that I borrowed while my truck is still getting fixed.

That’s ridiculous, car accidents suck, super stressful even if your aren’t at fault and the cherry on top is your insurance goes up.

Mine went up $10 a month and I did nothing wrong lol I know it’s a small amount but before I even picked a new vehicle they already thought “f$@k this guy”