reduce engine power p0641 and p0463

apollo18

Question

2007 ESCALADE ext, in midst of fixing my misfire issue. and lately the truck has also been getting the reduce power message with the engine not starting. it happened last month for the first time, i was on the highway after driving about 100km, the reduce engine power came up and i pulled over. i didnt have a code reader or any tools, but after shutting off it wouldnt start anymore, and then i finally got it started with the reduce engine power message and drove it 500km home, it let me drive in manual, and when i went to fill up gas, the message went away and i was able to drive home normally.however my fuel tank still showed empty, and it kept saying fuel low. the truck wouldnt start the next day, and i was away for a month but when i came back to it a couple days ago, it started up just fine. well today i was at the grocery store but it wouldn't start backup. i plugged in my code reader and it came up with p0641 something about 5v and also p0463 which is fuel level sensor circuit high.

so im guessing the connection between the 5v and the fuel level sensor is cut or broken? is there any way i can bring the truck home tomorrow without having to tow it? im gonna try starting it up tomorrow morning from the grocery store hoping it can limp home. 

thanks

4 answers to this question

P0641

The 5-volt reference 1 bus provides 5 volts to the following sensors:

• The manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor
  • The fuel tank pressure (FTP) sensor
  • The air conditioning (A/C) refrigerant pressure sensor
  • The accelerator pedal position (APP) sensor 2
  • The engine oil pressure (EOP) sensor
  • The camshaft position (CMP) sensor

P0463 is probably a bad fuel level sensor. Won't keep it from running (as long as you know it has gas).

yes it guranteed has gas, i just filled up 60l two days ago, 

so your guessing it must be a different sensor? 

• The manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor
  • The air conditioning (A/C) refrigerant pressure sensor
  • The accelerator pedal position (APP) sensor 2
  • The engine oil pressure (EOP) sensor
  • The camshaft position (CMP) sensor

thanks for the reply, i only had 5 mins today with the truck and i cleared the code and it starts for 1 second, but then it shuts right off. it still has the p0461 code, i will check the other wiring tomorrow unless it starting and shutting off means something else