Suggestions for emblem color

So I've always hated the amount of chrome on my 2015 LTZ and especially the chrome honeycomb grille. Wanted to put a black Z71 grill in it but it was kinda pricey. I see the work truck and maybe the LS have the honeycomb in black and I think it looks better. Didn't want everything on the grille black because I like SOME chrome just not a giant reflective sea of it.

I tried removing the inserts without taking the whole grille if but that didn't work and I didn't want to mask off the entire front end and inside the grille/ radiator area so I decided to try something off- the-wall and actually hands paint each like cell if the factory insert with a artist brush and a good satin paint. Satin because I don't like the flat finish much and not high gloss because it would reflect light and lose the black at certain angles.

I still have another 2 coats to go but so far no stone chips in 2 weeks flaking the black off.

It's weird that Chevy used only chrome with the LTZ because if you look at there their literature when these trucks came out it showed a burgundy LTZ ( non Z71) with a black grille and chrome LTZ emblem.

First pic is the advertised truck.

Second is my truck before and

Third is now, before final coats.

I was thinking dark red for the LTZ emblem but not sure it will look right. Then maybe a red, white and blue striped look.

Any suggestions?? 8911d5245d94cc73a8d8b1d5916f6ff2.jpg600bd59e58e85aa854f7364ddef470ff.jpg8e6494f8ef94c289c4a27485c11fdf6f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I like it the way it is now. I agree all that chrome looks odd.

If the truck was red I could say paint it red but the truck is gray. I think the chrome looks fine. I don't know how well a red white and blue emblem could be seen from distance.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

You're probably correct. I'll leave it chrome for now and if I come up with what I feel is a good idea for a color I could use vinyl.
I think the grille and the tow mirrors match better there way it is. Been toying with changing the lower bumper filler ( or mustache) to a Z71 style and painting it a few shades darker than factory.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk