Check Out the New Tuffy Lock-Box For Under Seat Storage – Sierra & Silverado ’07-‘18

Tuffy 340 Silverado-Sierra Underseat Lockbox open.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
5-4-2018

2007 to 2018 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab and GMC Sierra Crew Cab owners, heads up; This may be a product you’ll be interested in.

Tuffy Security Products has a new high-security lockbox specially designed to fit under the rear bench seat of your pickup. The Model 340 fits under the driver's side and middle rear seats of the pickup, which still leaves some space available under the rear passenger side seat. The box offers 2,100 cubic inches of storage and Items 35 inches and shorter fit inside.

The 340 lockbox is built from powder-coated 16-gauge welded steel and features chamfered corners to allow easy access and better concealment. Tuffy adds their Pry-Guard locking system with a 10-tumbler double-bitted lock which can be opened from either side of the vehicle.

Tuffy 340 Silverado-Sierra Underseat Lockbox.jpg

Tuffy says that installation is simple and there is no drilling. The lockbox fastens to the OEM seat bolts using the included mounting system comprised of two 16-gauge steel brackets which affix to the back of the box and extend to the rear of the vehicle under the seat. Removal is also easy. Simply unlock and open the box and undo the wing knob nuts from the inside.

For more details and pricing, check out www.tuffyproducts.com or visit Tuffy on Facebook. 

• Like 1

Interesting.  I've been wanting something somewhat secure for storage.  The safe variants I've been looking at for years are too expensive for me to justify getting.  I wonder if they'll come out with a longer version that will fit items longer than 35 inches.  I also wonder how easy it is to pick or force open.

*edit*

Looks like they have the longer version.  

Edited by Chevyguy85