The cargo light switch under the heater controls looks like it should light up when the switch is on. When I turn mine on the switch doesn’t light up. Can someone check to see if it should light up orange like the park sensors?

thanks

Yes, it does light up.

The cargo light switch under the heater controls looks like it should light up when the switch is on. When I turn mine on the switch doesn’t light up. Can someone check to see if it should light up orange like the park sensors?

thanks

The early 2014s did not light up. After that they all should light up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Light also only works when the truck is in park or reverse unlike some previous models. When you push it with the ignition on (also works with ignition off in park) you’ll get a message on the driver info screen that says something like cargo light enabled/cargo light disabled at least on the LT and up models. So the indicator light on the switch only lights up when the light is physically on even if the switch is enabled.

Just figured it out that it doesn’t work in drive. My bad. Thanks all

Posted (edited)

My 2014 Sierra All Terrain doesn't light up.  Guess I have an early 2014.  that would explain why I don't have rear step bumper either.  Wonder if its possible to get the lighted switch and swap them out?

Edited by GMBRIAN

16 hours ago, GMBRIAN said:

My 2014 Sierra All Terrain doesn't light up.  Guess I have an early 2014.  that would explain why I don't have rear step bumper either.  Wonder if its possible to get the lighted switch and swap them out?

I sure hope so because I'm buying a switch that lights up and am going to attempt it. Am changing the whole thing.

s-l1600[1].jpg

Yeah my 2014 doesnt light up nor does it work while in drive which is stupid. I would have liked to use it as a Thank You signal when someone lets me in during a rush hour traffic and so on. Would be cool..

If I was you I wouldn't get rid of the no step bumper, they seem rare to come upon one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

If I was you I wouldn't get rid of the no step bumper, they seem rare to come upon one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I use that step almost as much as I do the steering wheel, genius idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk