Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Why no All-Terrain tire option for the 22's


Recommended Posts

I have looked through the ordering guide for the 2019 Sierra and have found no option for All-Terrain tires for the 22" rims.  The current model you can upgrade to All-Terrain tires with the 22" rim.  I also noticed the 18" and 20" wheels on the 2019 have a All-Terrain tire upgrade option.  Just surprises me they are not offering this option for the upcoming models with 22's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Because 22's are for skating in style down the concrete freeways, so you typically see low-pro street/highway tread patterns. If you off-road with a low-profile sidewall on a 22" wheel, you will damage the wheel eventually. Even my 20's are too big for my liking when doing truck things. I am sure you can buy a BFG KO2 or something in a 22" if you want, but if it is the stock tire size and you run over a 4" rock, say goodbye to your beads. You will find more 22" options when you do to a 33" or larger tire, which would require a level or lift. Let us know what you end up doing.  

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites


I was going to post a picture of the chunks missing from my 22 inch rims but it will not work.

 

I think with the AT4 package they want it to be a full off-road package now.

 

26907108_10154857019396525_777142618214926907108_10154857019396525_7771426182149

Edited by BigBadSierra
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was looking at the order guide again and the tire size for the 20" rims are 275/60 for both regular and All-Terrain options.  This comes out to 33X10.8 according to my tire size calculator. So are we able to put 33's on without a lift?  I though maybe it was for the AT4 but it looks like this is the standard size unless I'm reading something wrong.   I know on the 22" wheel option the standard tire size is 275/50 which is a 32.8X10.8.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, strickland604 said:

I was looking at the order guide again and the tire size for the 20" rims are 275/60 for both regular and All-Terrain options.  This comes out to 33X10.8 according to my tire size calculator. So are we able to put 33's on without a lift?  I though maybe it was for the AT4 but it looks like this is the standard size unless I'm reading something wrong.   I know on the 22" wheel option the standard tire size is 275/50 which is a 32.8X10.8.

The LTZ I saw had 275/60r20.  33" no lift.  From the looks of it a lift won't be needed until around 34".  It was said the Trailboss could go up to 35". 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, shift_grind said:

The LTZ I saw had 275/60r20.  33" no lift.  From the looks of it a lift won't be needed until around 34".  It was said the Trailboss could go up to 35". 

I wonder if the Nitto Ridge Grappler or Terra Grappler will fit without a lift?  They are 33.29x11.69

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎08 at 5:22 PM, strickland604 said:

I wonder if the Nitto Ridge Grappler or Terra Grappler will fit without a lift?  They are 33.29x11.69

They might, with the new rounded F150 wheel wells. We wont know until we have one on the lot. The AT4 and Trailboss have leveling kits stock I believe so they will probably clear a 33". I have 33x12.5R20's on my current truck with a level and a slight rub. The width is the issue in relation to the factory wheels +27mm offset, not the height. I could probably fit a skinnier 34" with no rubbing, or add a 0.25" spacer to cure the rub with my stock wheels.

.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, 10SierraA.T. said:

They might, with the new rounded F150 wheel wells. We wont know until we have one on the lot. The AT4 and Trailboss have leveling kits stock I believe so they will probably clear a 33". I have 33x12.5R20's on my current truck with a level and a slight rub. The width is the issue in relation to the factory wheels +27mm offset, not the height. I could probably fit a skinnier 34" with no rubbing, or add a 0.25" spacer to cure the rub with my stock wheels.

.  

From what I can tell the stock tires coming on the Silverado's and Sierra's will be 33X11.2  So I would not think a 33.29X11.69 would be a problem without a lift.  But like you said we will not know until we have one on the lot and can check the clearance of the stock tires.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
Because 22's are for skating in style down the concrete freeways, so you typically see low-pro street/highway tread patterns.  

Pavement princess shoes! Loved reading this while sipping my coffee, I was about to say the same thing.


Hooksets are free...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One hit wonders and it cost $2800 CAD to replace just two rim plus tire.
 
19961088_10154857019416525_2571621462531149402_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeGTSgF-uQNz783HFoGchiWZviOvm2Y3B9v_iQfNrlOA5pDMT8sV37MyWVArDepsPOLXKi-8bHr6447MCcczbw_lgfHXaNCt9FComP-or5SZcg&oh=3b613cab200ed6cd86ba33a24719e340&oe=5BC3B739

That sucks dude, I loved Canada when I visited. They have some crazy prices on importing it seems like. And tobacco/alcohol was crazy expensive too compared to home, guess that’s partly how the healthcare works like it does though. Beautiful country though, I’ll be back again next year for a visit!


Hooksets are free...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/30/2018 at 2:52 PM, Skeeter McSkeet said:


That sucks dude, I loved Canada when I visited. They have some crazy prices on importing it seems like. And tobacco/alcohol was crazy expensive too compared to home, guess that’s partly how the healthcare works like it does though. Beautiful country though, I’ll be back again next year for a visit!


Hooksets are free...

Yes we did this in Kentucky lol..  Seems they like to stick the storm drains way out in the lane not paint them or provide any lighting.  I just clipped it I guess we were lucky it didn't flip us like it apparently does 4 or five times a year according to the locals in that area.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.