Why no All-Terrain tire option for the 22's

On 6/11/2018 at 11:19 AM, crowsfoot said:

My 2013 has 17" wheels and I love them. I drive off road to get firewood so more rubber around the wheel is better. As bad as our roads are getting (potholes), more rubber works better there too!

17's are the way to go. The tires have more rubber but cost less haha. Plus that extra sidewall does wonders for the ride. I would have destroyed my factory 20's by now after all the stuff I've done with my truck.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-06-20 at 3:16 AM, HondaHawkGT said:

17's are the way to go. The tires have more rubber but cost less haha. Plus that extra sidewall does wonders for the ride. I would have destroyed my factory 20's by now after all the stuff I've done with my truck.

I agree, these bicycle tires have no business on trucks.

Edited by WilliamBos

• 2 years later...
On 5/11/2018 at 8:54 AM, L86 All Terrain said:

They might, with the new rounded F150 wheel wells. We wont know until we have one on the lot. The AT4 and Trailboss have leveling kits stock I believe so they will probably clear a 33". I have 33x12.5R20's on my current truck with a level and a slight rub. The width is the issue in relation to the factory wheels +27mm offset, not the height. I could probably fit a skinnier 34" with no rubbing, or add a 0.25" spacer to cure the rub with my stock wheels.

How can I tell if my 2019 Sierra had a leveling kit or not? I bought it used as a cert pre-owned and it has 22”x9” wheels on it. 6.2L 4WD. I need new tires probably by the end of the year and I’m looking at my different options. 

08297FC1-AE15-42F5-816A-736AD17ECDDF.jpeg

8F8A3088-2FA0-42EE-A403-F9F98E3AC3A2.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Puck9088 said:

How can I tell if my 2019 Sierra had a leveling kit or not? I bought it used as a cert pre-owned and it has 22”x9” wheels on it. 6.2L 4WD. I need new tires probably by the end of the year and I’m looking at my different options. 

08297FC1-AE15-42F5-816A-736AD17ECDDF.jpeg

8F8A3088-2FA0-42EE-A403-F9F98E3AC3A2.jpeg

I'm running Nitto terra grapplers on my 22's. No level.

20201214_125349.jpg

Screenshot_20201212-173558_Gallery.jpg

23 hours ago, gemarsh said:

I'm running Nitto terra grapplers on my 22's. No level.

Are you running 33/12.5R/22 or 275/50/r22 - or something else?  I'm hoping you will say 33/12.5/22 as I have been looking for confirmation that will work for awhile - the only BFG KO2 options are in 33 or 35" sizes, and Like that look.

If I end up with Terra Grapplers that will work, too.

@gemarsh Those Terra Grapplers look pretty clean. Ok, a couple questions if you don't mind, 

What size did you end up going with? 

Do the front tires rub the fender any? 

how is their traction on wet pavement (reviews have some pretty severe complaints about losing traction on wet pavement)? 

Are those the Terra Grappler G2's or the regular Terra Grapplers? 

Edited by Puck9088
clarification

3 hours ago, Puck9088 said:

@gemarsh Those Terra Grapplers look pretty clean. Ok, a couple questions if you don't mind, 

What size did you end up going with? 

Do the front tires rub the fender any? 

how is their traction on wet pavement (reviews have some pretty severe complaints about losing traction on wet pavement)? 

Are those the Terra Grappler G2's or the regular Terra Grapplers? 

285/45 r22. G2's.

The truck lives on the farm, so it doesn't see asphalt much. Did take a trip to Tennessee this spring. Drove interstate speed in heavy rain for hundreds of miles on the way home. Never had a feeling of losing traction. No complaints of entering or exiting ramps.

No rubbing at all. Turning in and out of road ditches, deep enough to drag the belly.

Edited by gemarsh
Answering rubbing question.