Cleaning inner wheel well

2 hours ago, Ozer said:

Get a underwash dolly thing from ebay or amazon that you hook up to a garden hose and it sprays pressurized water upwards. Then you can move it around to get the frame and under parts rinsed vs crawling under there. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ryobi-11-Pressure-Washer-Water-Broom-Nozzle-Cleaning-Deck-Patio-Faster-3300-PSI/273195690743?epid=10011031143&hash=item3f9bbb6af7:g:3YwAAOSwcJ1a7cV1

That is cool thanks.

On 5/9/2018 at 10:25 PM, fairway605 said:

I remove everything I can and clean and then fluid film.

IMG_1070.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spray under my truck when washing, but I don't feel the need to remove parts.  My last two GM pickups  showed no signs of rust so I must be doing the right thing for where I live.  I must say though that I admire your work area!    I can only dream of being so organized and tidy!

I could care less. Planned on keeping this truck a long time, but from what I can tell the tranny, top end of motor, electrical will all sh*t the bed long before it rusts out. My navi/touch screen interface is starting to go to all hell, essentially doesn't really work anymore (I really hope the steering wheel buttons keep working), had a starter go, had lifters drop, had a fuel rail replaced, shakes like all hell from 60-80 mph, I think I have a bearing about to go driver's front, the third brake light leaked (twice replaced), the sunroof had a couple issues, I dunno I may be missing something.

I think they purposely make the trucks rust in certain places to get you to trade for  a newer one preemptively:P

All that being said - I did also notice in the gap in front of the front doors down low where the rocker panel & front fender meet = big collection area for debris/moisture & no drainage. I'll develop solid blocks of ice there during the winter.

May wanna fluid film there while you're at it.

Add a catch can too....I'm sure the truck will last 250k:lurk: 

• Like 1